JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I cannot stand to carry without an undershirt. I do not like the leather touching my skin. Does anyone have any suggestions for holsters that have a soft back panel the reduce irritation while carrying IWB and work with revolvers? Summer is coming and a t-shirt might be all I am wearing.

This one looked promising but it does not come for a Colt revolver. It looks like the shield section is made from softy material, but I could be wrong.

I used to carry my j frame in a faux suede uncle mikes sidekick holster.
Kind of like this:
Uncle%20Mikes%20Sidekick%20Inside%20the%20Pants%20Holster%20Front%20View.jpg

Real comfortable against the skin.
I stopped using it when I realized I like OWB much better

You could try this: <broken link removed>
but it is still leather on the skin.

They offer this to line the back of the holster with: <broken link removed>

wg

THIS.

I have one for my M&P compact and love it. I have carried it for almost 2 years now. I just got a Raven so that I could carry with the light attached. The Raven is ok for IWB but a little bulky. I have been carrying the Raven for the last few weeks but I went out and needed a little better concealment so put my Minotaur back on. It is so comfortable you hardly feel it there. I usually carry just under a T-shirt and works well for me. I have carried it in all 4 seasons around here and could not be happier.

No moleskin on mine

You can buy adhesive-backed sheets of moleskin at any drug store. Cut to size and attach to whatever holster you want.

This is a good idea, though the holster may want to shift around more than it would without the moleskin. I think the leather on skin contact adds some friction to keep the holster in place.

The moleskin is usually with the foot products to protect "hot spots" on your feet. I remember using it for a 30k road march...

EDIT:

A thought I just had: how far off are the dimensions of your Colt from, say, a J-Frame? There are plenty of J-frame holsters available.

Check out Crossbreed Holsters > Home That's where I buy all of my holsters, super comfortable and soft backing plus you can hardly even tell that it's there!

ETA: I just checked and they don't have one for a colt revolver but they have one for an SP101 and I'm not sure how much you know about kydex but you can easily adjust it with a hairdryer with your gun in it (unloaded of course) and mold it to fit perfectly. They even come with instructions to tell you how to accomplish this.

Don Hume, boxers and hanes white t-shirt. I tuck the white t-shirt though. Summer, I have belt slide OWB. We'll see how it works, come summertime. d

I can see the cheapy Uncle Mikes working for such situations though. (I have one for my Ruger). I worry about sweat soaking it after a bit, although regular wipe downs and cleanings can probably combat that.

I cannot stand to carry without an undershirt. I do not like the leather touching my skin. Does anyone have any suggestions for holsters that have a soft back panel the reduce irritation while carrying IWB and work with revolvers? Summer is coming and a t-shirt might be all I am wearing.

You could pull your underwear up to wedgie level, and that would make a barrier between the leather, and your skin. Or your could put your leather holster in a toaster oven, to make it nice and coazy warm, when you put it on. Also if a t-shirt is all you

I guess I'm old school, but I like nice leather holsters, like Milt Sparks, and Ted Blocker. I don't even spend $60 on shoes, but I will spend $100 on a nice leather holster.
This suede one looks pretty soft, if you really are having a hard time with the softness of leather.
<broken link removed>

Wear boxers and pull them up high enough that the leather does not make skin contact. I use a Kramer IWB and this works well.

Also when using a public restroom the boxers help keep your holster concealed. Under your pants and lower a bit then redo the belt on just the last hole. Loop the top of the boxers over your holster and lower whole thing to feet. This keeps your stuff from being seen from under the stall.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top