JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am headed to Washington for some camping/hiking/fishing. Not that I anticipate being stopped by anyone for my legitimate outdoor activity, but I want to be sure I am legal just in case. My carry of choice at the moment is a glock 26, with glock 17 mags and a xgrip sleeve. This makes my capacity greater than 10. With the new restrictions, I know magazines over 10 rounds are restricted, but I possessed these long before the legislation. The tricky part is I am an Oregon resident, so is my bringing these magazines into Washington considered illegal? Not intending to transfer or sell them, they are my property. They will return to Oregon with me next week when I come home. Any thoughts?

Only a thought as I know nothing about the statutes of either state. Why not take a firearm that complies with Washington state statutes? You could take extra smaller mags so you have additional ammo. I admit to knowing almost zero about Glock pistols and can't comment in that regard,

I did work as a state LEO at one time and can offer a general opinion. I'd avoid the risk by going with a compliant firearm. I have no idea how Washington might deal with this. Worst case scenario might be havng your property seized and you having to appear in court, which would be a headache. Where this goes could depend on how serious this offense is seen by state authorities and how the statute is written. What you don't want is to be made an example of by the system.

In the state I worked in we could take contraband items, essentially physical items identified as being illegal, and turn them in for destruction.

Don't shoot the messenger I'm trying to lend a hand with this.

Appreciate it. I do have the factory 10 rounders, but their smaller size is less desirable for my paws. Perhaps it's best to just dig them out!

Google this...open carry in washington state
Lots of info. Some from the state AG.
Look for the RCW`S Those are the state laws.
I'd 'strongly suggest' if you bring a weapon, keep it unloaded and locked in the trunk. As in NOT accessible!

Dan

If you want more certainty than some randos on the internet, here are the links to the house and senate bills:

You will notice in each that they did not become a "Session Law" -- this means they never got past the proposal stage and never became laws. They're still just some Antis' pipe dreams:

bringEmIfYaGotsEm.png

Of course, that's not to say those bastid antis won't try it again... and again... and again... and again...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top