JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me start by saying I have a valid CHL with Washington County Oregon.
I have open carried downtown before and I had to educate a few officers. I actually had one contact my country and complain but nothing was done. So save yourself the BS and just don't open carry lol... I don't think you plan on doing it, you could if you wanted to but just not worth it in my opinion and experience.... too many libtards.

As far as carrying on private property, keep it concealed and carry on. If for some reason the private property finds out and they ask you to leave, leave. If you don't leave, you can get trespassed and arrested... more BS you don't need lol.

From what I understand and subject to change, but in Portland they consider inside your car PUBLIC. So if one didn't have a CHL and kept a pistol in a glove box, I guess they could get nailed for concealment blah blah... again... doesn't sound like something for you to worry about.

So in conclusion... if you really wanna blend in with the public, just make sure you have some kind of facial hair, don't brush your hair if you have any on your head.... the more you look like you just got out of bed, the better. Also try to put your self respect aside for a while and wear the tightest pant you can find. Preferably something a young female family member would wear.... wife... sister... etc. Don't make eye contact either because if you do, you better have cigs or some change to hand out to the snowflakes. And lastly, don't touch anything... I work at a hospital and I see things hahahah.

Good luck and watch your 6!:s0090:

These are a few good ORS' to know. I used those to educate a few Portland Police Officers ;)
ORS 166.173
ORS 166.370

Wow! What a bunch of t...t...timid, yet e...e...enormous pu...pu...kitty's!!!

Oh trust me, I was thinking of you as possibly the only reason I would visit that place, but I didn't want to give up your location, but since you just did (you was the brother in "brethren") that place and it's mind set has gone hell in a hand basket in my opinion. It's not far off from Frisco or Seattle and has earned it's well deserved reputation as the lib tard Capitol of the state.
By the way, WTH you doing up so early buddy?
It for damn sure ain't what it was in the 60's, but then no place is.
Heck, I used to be able to sling my BB gun over my shoulder, jump on the stingray (mountain bikes hadn't been invented yet) and head to kelly butte or Mt. Scott without the denizens freaking out and calling the cops about some 12 year old sniper on the streets.
No PU ssy kitty here, never was.
Just got sick of the cluster flock and the pukes that moved in and permeated the area with their earth first liberated snowflake pissy additudes that placed their rights above all others.
You were their when portland was really a great place to be and be from, miss it? I do.
Sure, I may be stuck in the past, but it's my past and I think I'll stay there:cool:

I'm just jaded Sgt. Moving from there to Alaska then to Sandy then out here will do that to one I guess.
On the occasions I've been there over the years, usually with long gaps between visits and seeing the changes that come in leaps is disheartening to me.
The constant on going gang shootings, the never ending traffic and congestion, the spandex mofia thrown in the mix is enough to convince me to steer clear, let alone the arrogant me, my, I sence of entitlement that seems to just go with what p-town is about has led me to where I'm at.
I hope you get some good rest today old boy, Tylenol PM works for me if I need it and the frogs on the pond out front are raising to much hell partying it up in the hood! Stay well:D

I'm just jaded Sgt. Moving from there to Alaska then to Sandy then out here will do that to one I guess.
On the occasions I've been there over the years, usually with long gaps between visits and seeing the changes that come in leaps is disheartening to me.
The constant on going gang shootings, the never ending traffic and congestion, the spandex mofia thrown in the mix is enough to convince me to steer clear, let alone the arrogant me, my, I sence of entitlement that seems to just go with what p-town is about has led me to where I'm at.
I hope you get some good rest today old boy, Tylenol PM works for me if I need it and the frogs on the pond out front are raising to much hell partying it up in the hood! Stay well:D

All things being equal, there are bad parts of Portland and there are tolerable parts of Portland. I like to avoid downtown since that is where all the crazies go to protest, etc., though my job requires me to enter that space from time to time. I also like to avoid some neighborhoods due to higher crime rates, etc. I grew up spending time up and down 82nd ave because my grandparents lived just off 82nd and Foster - it wasn't a bad place in the 70's. Now it's basically a long stretch of crime from one end to the other.

But as much as I lament Portland, it's weirdness and it's ultra-left politics, there are still plenty of good people and decent places where I can feel relatively safe. I work in SE not far from OMSI and I enjoy taking a walk in the spring and summer around the east-bank esplanade and over the bridges. In most cases, save for encountering a few homeless folks, people are pleasant and just going about their day.

You are right though, much has changed, and much of that is not for the better. Too bad too, because Portland is still a beautiful place - even more so if it weren't for all the flakes, as @Sgt Nambu mentioned ;)

@etrain16, I grew up on 82nd and Tolman. Probably met your grand folks, as a kid in the 60's I'd push a lawn mower all over doing lawns and yard wok for those that wanted or needed it, sometimes for free for the elderly (Boy Scout thing and all that) now days a young fella might find that a precarious occupation in that particular part of town.

@etrain16, I grew up on 82nd and Tolman. Probably met your grand folks, as a kid in the 60's I'd push a lawn mower all over doing lawns and yard wok for those that wanted or needed it, sometimes for free for the elderly (Boy Scout thing and all that) now days a young fella might find that a precarious occupation in that particular part of town.

Possible. Their exact location was just south of 87th and Glenwood, right across from the park. It was a tiny house on a postage stamp lot, but a great place to hang out in the 70's. Spent many hours playing in that park. Last time I drove through there it had really gone downhill. Sad to see nice neighborhoods fall apart like that :(

Last Edited:
Sheesh you guys, I moved here in '83 from Utah, SL Valley. Lived in inner NE in what is NOW "The Alberta Arts District", "Crack Alley" when I moved here!. At first thought people in Oregon were just extra friendly, but it was people in Utah were NOT so friendly!

I can't stand the way Portland is now though, but the Cully neighborhood I live in now is not as bad as going into the "Trendy" hoods where you can't even drive for pedestrians, bikers and gridlock traffic. Hawthorn, Belmont etc. :eek:

(Boy Scout thing and all that) now days a young fella might find that a precarious occupation in that particular part of town.

You'd get you mower and gas can stolen by some dirt bag! Yeah.

No offence to my brethren whom choose to live or work there (I did until I was 17) but I would rather eat the BBQ arse out of a road killed skunk than go into that suck hole for any reason other than a pass through on the hwy.

If I can get out of here I don't think I would EVER even pass through again! Unless I absolutely had to.

When the city starts to get me down, which could be every day, Wifey and I will drive out to the "Springdale Pub & Grill" for a beer and a burger. Takes less than 30 minutes and it's like livin' in the country for an hour or so. We sneak back home along Marine drive and avoid any terrible traffic.

It would be good topic to look into but I dont believe this is the case, anywhere really under the 4th amendment.

Here we go, I knew I had read about it someplace:
12.14.08 OREGON COURT OF APPEALS DEALS MAJOR BLOW TO GUN RIGHTS.

An Oregon Appeals Court decision has found that your car is now considered a "public place."

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/oregon.pdf

However, localities are allowed to regulate loaded firearms in "public places" which now includes your car.

Last Edited:

I am not an attorney so I may be wrong, but it reads like the guy was charged with violating PCC 14A.060.010 which begins with:

"A. It is unlawful for any person to knowingly possess or carry a firearm, in or upon a public place, including while in a vehicle in a public place, recklessly having failed to remove all the ammunition from the firearm."

The ruling does not appear to state a vehicle is a public place, just that he did in fact violate the above.

Check the light bulbs on your vehicle regularly, don't park on the wrong side of the street, and have auto insurance. These are the things that led to the officer seeing the gun in the vehicle.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads