JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Church is typically a target-rich environment for the enterprising scumbag- lots of people, usually nobody is armed, and there is a higher percentage of old people and people with small children- not the types of people that would typically fight back. This is why I think more people should carry to church. We had an incident a couple years ago where myself and 2 others had to physically subdue a vagrant that caused a ruckus, stole money and then started threatening people. This was before I got my chl- I'd feel better about handling the situation now that I'm nearly always carrying

Many churches in high(er) crime areas are organizing armed volunteers from the congregation to act as "ministers of security." There is at least one mega-church in Houston TX, I believe, which conducts a training program for that purpose. I work with a colleague who has gone through that training and has a security team up and running in his NE Portland church. It was such a team which stopped a mass killing in Colorado Springs in 2007.

Traditionally most folks believe it shouldn't be necessary to be armed in church. You know what? They are right. We shouldn't need to be armed. But that's not reality. There's the way it aught to be, and there's the way it is.

I recently started doing this as well, to my knowlege I am the only one, again I go to a smaller church, and I know everyone there, the pastor, and a couple of other elders are some good shooting friends, and the pastors wife is a great shot.

There is a thread on ar15.com in the CC sestion about how to carry in church

Even though most of these church incidences do not involve the offering plate, some do. May I relate a very funny thing that happened several years ago:

We were having service and a drunk came into the church and sat down..now, was he there for the offering plate? You decide.

After the service my mom (my dad was the pastor) stopped and talked to the drunk, and he said "I missed something, I did not see the offering plate go arround" Mom says "oh, we do not do that here, would you like to stay for pot luck?" The drunk responds...."I must have died and gone to heaven...a church that does not want my money, and then askes if I want to eat."

And if most Christians believed for one second in yhe essential pacifism of Christ they'd be un manned. -Film at 11., Jesus doesn't recognize 99% of his followers.
I don't understand what your trying to say.

If your saying Christ was a pacifist then, id dissagree, I Remember Jesus tossing some tables in the temple with basicly a whip in hand. Manytimes in the bible its discussed that the jews fight, well most of the books of moses the Jews were fighting someone, or taking land because God told them to do so. God is a just God, but he is also an angry God. King David was a man of war, most of his life was war. So being a beleiver in Christ does not mean roll on ones back and show the belly,
it to me means living a standard diffrent, while I'm by no means perfect I do try.

If I missed your point completly I will say sorry

LOL, Working 4 U. I love your thinking.

"Too many Christians, not enough lions. " Gummer interesting observation. Jesus is called the Lion of Judah. And we are supposed to be christ like. Therefor we should be more loin like.

I was just thinking how my own will be nice and comfortable tomorrow under the slacks.

With the assualt on christians in this country right know it would be Un American Not to carry. I think more preachers carry than we know. I do know one and he tells me he know many that do.

My main reason for carrying concealed is to protect myself and my family. So yes, I do carry at church and if the need arose I would defend the members of the church. As a general rule I do not go anywhere without a gun unless it is not allowed. I try really hard to avoid places that ban concealed carry.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top