JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If you were going to ride the light rail to Seatac with your CCW handgun, and then unload and lock your handgun to check it as luggage for your flight, how would you do it?

I can't think of anywhere at Seatac that a CCW holder could safely take a handgun out, unload it and put it into a locked container for checking without causing panic. :confused:

This is one time I would advocate not carrying one in the pipe. Then remove the mag and put it into your locking hard case in a bathroom stall. Without one in the pipe you won't have to rack the slide that would be hard to mask in the bathroom.

This is one time I would advocate not carrying one in the pipe. Then remove the mag and put it into your locking hard case in a bathroom stall. Without one in the pipe you won't have to rack the slide that would be hard to mask in the bathroom.

Not to mention having a live round rolling around on the bathroom floor.

If it were me I would be carrying a revolver. Go into a stall, have seat, and empty the revolver by setting the pistol case on your lap and dropping the rounds into it. Pistol cases are foam lined so there wont be any noise. Lock the case, stick it in your luggage, and walk to the ticket counter to check your bags. You will be fully armed up until that point.

Contrary to depiction in movies, most pistols don't make ratchety sounds when operated smoothly. :s0114:

I don't any reason to choose one specific gun or +1/-1 just because you are going to be unloading it in a stall. Just be smart/careful about it. :s0155:

IMO it would not be to hard to unload the chamber quietly, it you move the slide slow enough and have it so it will eject in the appropriate direction. The bathrooms usually are not silent enough to hear any noises inside the stalls.

I would be more worried about my bag being misplaced and losing a gun though, had to many bags end up missing to know to put anything of value in them.

I've used the bathroom to check and clear. A good loud cough won't *cover* the noise, but will make it difficult to recognize by anyone who isn't specifically listening for it.

Bathroom flight prep is standard OP for my wife and I

BTW it is possible to almost silently clear a chambered round.. you don't have to Rambo it just to get the round cleared..

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top