JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The other day I was stuck in traffic, in my work truck, on top of the Marcum Bridge, traffic was stopped. It really got me thinking...if something bad were to happen, a 9/11 type event, or anything else that caused mass panic, how would I get home? Many times I don't leave the shop during my work day, and I live less than 100yds from work, so I'm not worried then. When I leave to leave, I'm in a semi, that doesn't do well in traffic. I'm not suppose to carry on work property, but have not been told I couldn't carry in work vehicles. So, I decided, when I leave the shop, I'm going to run home and grab my backpack with my Sig and 5 loaded mags, so if something happens, I atleast have some protection. I'd leave the truck in the traffic jam if I needed to, and walk. What do you guys think?

I'd ask your boss. I asked mine and he was happy to know someone is licensed and trained to carry at our company. Since your work is most likely private property it would be up to your boss. IMO

I get carrying, whether for everyday self-defense concerns or as part of a SHTF 'get home' kit, but I don't understand the 5 mags. What scenarios are you envisioning occurring in the Portland-metro area where you'll need 60+ rounds to get to saftey?

I don't really know what I think is going to happen, that I'll need 76rds, but I can carry it, so I will. I like to go over prepared when I can. I'd have 5 more if in my bag, if I had 5 more mags or wanted to buy them.

If there were enough panic to cause me to abandon my vehicle, 5 mags sounds like enough to get me off the bridge. If I had to walk my way to my family amid enough chaos to cause me to leave my vehicle on the Marquam bridge I would want 5 mags and my AK. If all I had was a 9mm or .40S&W, 15-20 mags sounds about right. Of course, if you're ever pulled over with that you will definitely be on the news and probably a no-fly list. Kip.

Well I cannot carry at work, not even in my personal vehicle.

But to the original poster i might splitting hairs here but if you are driving a semi that belongs to the company, it is therefore company property and a legal argument could be made that your are violating company policy

I get carrying, whether for everyday self-defense concerns or as part of a SHTF 'get home' kit, but I don't understand the 5 mags. What scenarios are you envisioning occurring in the Portland-metro area where you'll need 60+ rounds to get to saftey?

Better to have it and not need it...

If you care about your job you might want to check on that... when you are on company time, you are under company rules. Company vehicles fall under company property and I am willing to bet if they don't allow firearms on company property, they won't want personal firearms in company vehicles on company time.

Kudos to the OP: Better to be prepared and not need, than to need and not have.

My boss flat out makes jokes about if all hell breaks loose he knows what vehicle to go hide in. (we are always within 100' of our vehicles at all times at the shop)

I spent my teen years driving a delivery truck in East LA and Watts, I was 18YO. I had a small truck and drove around like a regular car delivering auto parts.
Whitnessing violent crime,,,it was like a dirty reality show. Every red light was a near death experience. I would stop at a light, grab my 45 and wait for some sob to try and jump into the cab of the truck. The 45 has a psycological impact equivelent to a 12 ga. even a dumb doper knows what that big empty hole means.
There were a number of Christians that delivered food to church members. That ended after two were murdered by 'youths' on the walkway between thier vechicle and the door step 30 feet away.
This is not a phoney memory, it is a recolection of fact
BTW I was fired, they took my gun, why they looked in the cab of the truck, tne same day as a certain "someone" tried to truck-jack my ef ing rig.
Do the White math compadres, I had never done any dope then or now. God's Honest Truth

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top