JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys I'm currently in school to become a secondary education teacher and this week we are observing a classroom at a local high school. I have my concealed permit and had a quick question regarding carrying to the school. Under RCW 9.41.280 RCW 9.41.280: Possessing dangerous weapons on school facilities ? Penalty ? Exceptions. to me it appears if I carry to the school it is perfectly legal for me to be parked in their visitors parking area and place my loaded gun into my locked glove box in my locked car while there on "legitimate business."

Am I correct in assuming I am being lawful here?

Thanks in advance.

Right below the "dropping off and picking up" is this;

(f) Any nonstudent at least eighteen years of age legally in possession of a firearm or dangerous weapon that is secured within an attended vehicle or concealed from view within a locked unattended vehicle while conducting legitimate business at the school;

This to me appears to make my actions while visiting the school legal.

Right below the "dropping off and picking up" is this;

(f) Any nonstudent at least eighteen years of age legally in possession of a firearm or dangerous weapon that is secured within an attended vehicle or concealed from view within a locked unattended vehicle while conducting legitimate business at the school;

This to me appears to make my actions while visiting the school legal.

I'm not a attorney.

I did read the rcw you quoted and I agree with you, it certainly does seem to me, to be legal. Wish a attorney could chime in as I will have a student attending public school here in wa this year.

I already knew about the drop off pick up, I had no idea about this though. Pretty cool, would be better if we could carry without restrictions though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Hey guys I'm currently in school to become a secondary education teacher and this week we are observing a classroom at a local high school. I have my concealed permit and had a quick question regarding carrying to the school. Under RCW 9.41.280 RCW 9.41.280: Possessing dangerous weapons on school facilities ? Penalty ? Exceptions. to me it appears if I carry to the school it is perfectly legal for me to be parked in their visitors parking area and place my loaded gun into my locked glove box in my locked car while there on "legitimate business."

Am I correct in assuming I am being lawful here?

Thanks in advance.
That is correct for WA. We have a 13 yr old grandson we're raising. I always carry when dropping him off or picking him up UNLESS I have to go inside the building. I'm too old and cheap to be a test case over this.

You wanna know my answer.... FUUCK the school carry the GUN............. Like my job, didnt break any laws, just employer policy......... Im still here.............

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top