Carrying and k-12 schools

Reactions
Hey guys I'm currently in school to become a secondary education teacher and this week we are observing a classroom at a local high school. I have my concealed permit and had a quick question regarding carrying to the school. Under RCW 9.41.280 RCW 9.41.280: Possessing dangerous weapons on school facilities ? Penalty ? Exceptions. to me it appears if I carry to the school it is perfectly legal for me to be parked in their visitors parking area and place my loaded gun into my locked glove box in my locked car while there on "legitimate business."

Am I correct in assuming I am being lawful here?

Thanks in advance.

OP
S
Reactions
Right below the "dropping off and picking up" is this;

(f) Any nonstudent at least eighteen years of age legally in possession of a firearm or dangerous weapon that is secured within an attended vehicle or concealed from view within a locked unattended vehicle while conducting legitimate business at the school;

This to me appears to make my actions while visiting the school legal.

Reactions
Right below the "dropping off and picking up" is this;

(f) Any nonstudent at least eighteen years of age legally in possession of a firearm or dangerous weapon that is secured within an attended vehicle or concealed from view within a locked unattended vehicle while conducting legitimate business at the school;

This to me appears to make my actions while visiting the school legal.
I'm not a attorney.

I did read the rcw you quoted and I agree with you, it certainly does seem to me, to be legal. Wish a attorney could chime in as I will have a student attending public school here in wa this year.

I already knew about the drop off pick up, I had no idea about this though. Pretty cool, would be better if we could carry without restrictions though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions
Hey guys I'm currently in school to become a secondary education teacher and this week we are observing a classroom at a local high school. I have my concealed permit and had a quick question regarding carrying to the school. Under RCW 9.41.280 RCW 9.41.280: Possessing dangerous weapons on school facilities ? Penalty ? Exceptions. to me it appears if I carry to the school it is perfectly legal for me to be parked in their visitors parking area and place my loaded gun into my locked glove box in my locked car while there on "legitimate business."

Am I correct in assuming I am being lawful here?

Thanks in advance.
That is correct for WA. We have a 13 yr old grandson we're raising. I always carry when dropping him off or picking him up UNLESS I have to go inside the building. I'm too old and cheap to be a test case over this.

BDA.45

Reactions
You wanna know my answer.... FUUCK the school carry the GUN............. Like my job, didnt break any laws, just employer policy......... Im still here.............

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Service
    Steve is an excellent guy to deal with. After looking at some Form 4 items at another dealer who didnt seem interested in my money, i emailed...
Top Bottom