JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A lot of times I head out for the day in the morning to go meet up with friends, run errands, or something along those lines. About 50% of the time, I have my kimber tucked in my iwb holster.

There are many times where I end up separated from my car and hanging with friends who want to go to a bar or some place where firearms are banned. So, I have my firearm and no place to put it. It just seems like at least with my lifestyle (single :s0155:) I never know where I'll end up by the end of the day. Should I just not carry unless I know where I'll be at all times of the day? I don't like that idea.

I would ask if I could store it in one of the friends locked glove box while in the bar. You would want to unload it first of though, since I believe it is illegal to have a loaded pistol in a vehicle unless it is being carried by someone with a valid CPL. Failing that just suggest going to a restaraunt that serves alcohol. As long as you stay in the family dining area you can still carry.

I cannot imagine ever being separated from my gun. That would likely be the one time i would have needed it. If you conceal it, who is going to know you have it? I would not break the law and understand in Washington you are not legally allowed to carry in bars? But screw places that just arbitrarily ban firearms. What they don't know won't hurt them, and ever if the did know (which they won't unless you tell them ) the most they could do is ask you to leave. Least that is how it is in Oregon.

I cannot imagine ever being separated from my gun. That would likely be the one time i would have needed it. If you conceal it, who is going to know you have it? I would not break the law and understand in Washington you are not legally allowed to carry in bars? But screw places that just arbitrarily ban firearms. What they don't know won't hurt them, and ever if the did know (which they won't unless you tell them ) the most they could do is ask you to leave. Least that is how it is in Oregon.

Yes, in washington it is illegal to concealed carry anyplace that has an age limit of 21 or older. I heard someplace that open carry in a bar is legal, but I was never able to find anything in RCWs to confirm that, so personally I woudn't want to risk it.

Yes, in washington it is illegal to concealed carry anyplace that has an age limit of 21 or older. I heard someplace that open carry in a bar is legal, but I was never able to find anything in RCWs to confirm that, so personally I woudn't want to risk it.

Actually, RCW 9.41.300 reads as follows...

That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age

So, just because there is an area that someone slaps a sign on that states "21 Years or Older", you can still carry as long as it is not an area that is 21 years or older because that area serves alcohol. Nevertheless, 99% of all areas posted "21 or older" are bars or areas that serve alcohol. Also, RCW 9.41.300 governs all firearms, not just CCW. So open carry in a bar is a no-no.

I agree, I feel like that one time I'm not carrying is when I would need it. Anyone who carries has to run across this problem quite frequently. I have a feeling the general consensus is don't ask, don't tell. I'm okay with that :winkkiss:

I agree, I feel like that one time I'm not carrying is when I would need it. Anyone who carries has to run across this problem quite frequently. I have a feeling the general consensus is don't ask, don't tell. I'm okay with that :winkkiss:

If you're going to carry, you carry all the time. IMHO.

It's probably just me, but if alcohol is involved, no gun. I mean in a bar or wherever.

Will

If you're going to carry, you carry all the time. IMHO.

It's probably just me, but if alcohol is involved, no gun. I mean in a bar or wherever.

Will

Okay, but what if you start out carrying and then end up somewhere you didn't plan on? Of course alcohol and guns are not a good idea, but you can't always plan every second of every day. That's my original question.

Okay, but what if you start out carrying and then end up somewhere you didn't plan on? Of course alcohol and guns are not a good idea, but you can't always plan every second of every day. That's my original question.

Good question. I suppose you carry anyway. Short of airport type security where they use x-ray machines, searches, etc...as it's been said, concealed means concealed. Just be sure to keep it to yourself.

Will

While I prefer concealed, I don't feel we should give up the right to be allowed to open carry, even if it's accidental. I don't like the phrase, "concealed means concealed," because it implies that you can't legally open carry. I see no problem with it, and this is legally backed up in Oregon.

I prefer concealed in Portland, specifically, for two reasons...
A. I would rather nobody knows, especially in a situation with ashooter that may have seen me first.
B. People will call the police on you for no reason. Worst, they may lie about what you were doing, just to make you look bad and potentiatlly be detained or worse.

The decision to carry a firearm requires a life-style change for many people. It also requires an enhanced level of maturity in your actions. It requires non-confrontive actions and attitude while carrying... or avoiding places where confrontations are considered "manly" and generally acceptable such as in a bar full of young people trying to impress one another... or females. In my case, I decide where I am going, not my friends. I don't drink alcohol while carrying. I try to practice situational awareness that keeps me out of places that have a higher probablility of my needing to use my firearm. I am certainly not against having fun, partying, or spending some time in a bar with friends. I just don't think it is the place or time to have a firearm, especially if you are drinking. You can say "no thanks" to friends that want you to hit the bar with them while you are carrying. Failing that, a car safe is a prudent idea. Just $.02 from an old guy who has made his share of mistakes...and hopefully learned something useful from them.

I as a legal conceal carrier don't bother with dumb rules.....I will only put my gun away if I have to go through a metal detector. I don't wanna be in a situation where I am gonna wish I had my gun.... I don't depend on LEOs to protect me..... u hear about the off duty deputy that shot his wife and wife's friends in gresham then shot himself? I rest my case.

Don't ask, don't tell... its none of their business that you have a gun, just as it is none of thier responsibility to look out for your well being.

I am suprised people on a public forum would encourage the OP to break the law. It sounds to me like you are sending a message that "It's okay to break the law as long as nobody knows about it."

RCW 9.41.300(1) & (d)

(1) It is unlawful for any person to enter the following places when he or she knowingly possesses or knowingly has under his or her control a weapon:

(d) That portion of an establishment classified by the state liquor control board as off-limits to persons under twenty-one years of age;

I also think nobody should know you have it, I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

And You don't need a car safe, just put it under the seat an lock the car. Try and park where you can see the car. I have a 2 way alarm on my cars, it viberates when the alarm is going off...

Also alot of bar/grill places have a roped off area that is the "bar" and the rest is ok to carry in...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top