JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Slugs? Posh! Breaching rounds. You might survive a slug, even if it is a slim chance, but you won't survive a breacher unless you are OK with being liquid inside.

I just got done building a house and had a bunch of random building material scraps. After shooting it with various loads at distances replicating the interior of a home, I've just gone to slugs. Shot still holds a tight pattern in the house and still goes through walls. Outside of the house at more distance, I'd rather be more direct with my shots by using a slug than hope the shot doesn't hit anyone else.

I just got done building a house and had a bunch of random building material scraps. After shooting it with various loads at distances replicating the interior of a home, I've just gone to slugs. Shot still holds a tight pattern in the house and still goes through walls. Outside of the house at more distance, I'd rather be more direct with my shots by using a slug than hope the shot doesn't hit anyone else.
You dont want wall penetration in a house. Miss a shot and hit a family member in the other room. Slugs, like your shot tests, blow through walls. Breachers do not. They are basically a sintered slug. They are designed to impart 100% of energy on the first thing they hit which is why they are used to breach doors. Blows out locks and hinges with no risk of over penetration.

Slugs are a lot cheaper though. How much is your life and your family worth?

If they are outside past shot distances are they really a threat? Is a shotgun really the right tool for that job?

You dont want wall penetration in a house. Miss a shot and hit a family member in the other room. Slugs, like your shot tests, blow through walls. Breachers do not. They are basically a sintered slug. They are designed to impart 100% of energy on the first thing they hit which is why they are used to breach doors. Blows out locks and hinges with no risk of over penetration.

If they are outside past shot distances are they really a threat? Is a shotgun really the right tool for that job?
My particular response was directed towards the grizzly bear and vehicle damage comment, however, I do like how they also turn most walls into concealment, not cover.. and will "liquify" some guts like you like when they hit.

I'm not too worried about hitting anyone the way the house is designed. I was very deliberate on that when designing the home. I don't even have too much plumbing in that direction!

As far as something being a threat, maybe so, maybe not. I know I can hit whatever I want with it out to 150 yards using a slug. It may not be the perfect tool for that, but in a pinch it can do whatever I want it to. Shoot a bad dude, turn around and drop a bear, look up in the sky with a tactical reload and render some goose mateless for life. Do it all!

Don't take any of that too seriously. I use slugs.

I'm not too worried about hitting anyone the way the house is designed. I was very deliberate on that when designing the home. I don't even have too much plumbing in that direction!

As far as something being a threat, maybe so, maybe not. I know I can hit whatever I want with it out to 150 yards using a slug. It may not be the perfect tool for that, but in a pinch it can do whatever I want it to. Shoot a bad dude, turn around and drop a bear, look up in the sky with a tactical reload and render some goose mateless for life. Do it all!

Don't take any of that too seriously. I use slugs.
What says you will be shooting in "that" direction?

I love shotguns. Trained for trap for a while with them. I've gone full commie AK shotgun because I'm an AK guy and it drives the old farts at the trap club nuts.

At my house I grab an AK be it whatever caliber is closest and hopefully has a suppressor onboard. It's mostly AKs around here.

What says you will be shooting in "that" direction?

I love shotguns. Trained for trap for a while with them. I've gone full commie AK shotgun because I'm an AK guy and it drives the old farts at the trap club nuts.

At my house I grab an AK be it whatever caliber is closest and hopefully has a suppressor onboard. It's mostly AKs around here.

I guess I should bend over and take whatever is coming. Then again, I do know how to shoot!

I guess I should bend over and take whatever is coming. Then again, I do know how to shoot!
Every time I think I know how to shoot I meet someone the shows me otherwise! I do shotguns better than many. Was training for nationals back in highschool which sparked my love of shotguns. Then wasn't able to make it to the event. Sick that day.

Oh my goodness!

What was that goofy man's name from some old forums?!
He went by Gunkid.

I went down that rabbit-hole a few yrs ago and found him, freshly out of prison, being cantankerous and alienating members on a survival forum... they all knew who he was and his history even though he changed his screen name weekly if not daily.

The guy seems to be a true sociopath, not just a misunderstood weirdo.

Use your vehicle to carry most stuff; it doesn't mind. On your body, a little pistol is generally enough, unless you like walking through the bad part of town on Saturday night.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top