JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
H&K P30 or the Sig p320

*the new sig is a modular design..... its the action that is seeialized, not the frame. What this means is anytime you can swap the compact grip for a fullsize, same for the slide and barrel where you can also swap calibers....
If you get a 320 be sure to grab some dip too, because theyre like potato chips. :)

IMG_20151031_142957_zpsfbo4cxhj.jpg

You need one more. A compact fde grip version to go with the top one.
Thats what the top one is but the camera angle does make it look like a subcompact. Just picked it up earlier today. It finally dawned on me that I only had one FCU to go with 1 gun and 3 Xchange kits. That one ever has a problem I'm dead in the water. So I HAD to get it! Right?
So now I need a sub... :D

I have a Shield in 40 S&W that I really like. The grip is easy to get comfortable with and the trigger is pretty darn good. It's easy to conceal and is much more accurate than I expect from something this size.

Thats what the top one is but the camera angle does make it look like a subcompact. Just picked it up earlier today. It finally dawned on me that I only had one FCU to go with 1 gun and 3 Xchange kits. That one ever has a problem I'm dead in the water. So I HAD to get it! Right?
So now I need a sub... :D

I was thinking cuz the other 4 seem to be all matching full size you gotta clone the lil fde gun. Gotta match when you are dual wielding and flying through the air jon woo style :D

Hating Polymer Guns is going to be like hating smart phones pretty soon. Aesthetically speaking, they are not as beautiful as a 1911 or Walther, but they are lighter, easier to conceal, and function with modern ammunition every time you press the Boom Switch.

Technology marches on, and it is a proven system. So even as much as I was against them when the Gen 1 came out (because they looked "funny"), they work every time; which is what we ask of our firearms.

I carry a G19 every day. I am 5'8" 195# and can conceal it IWB with a T-shirt with 1 extra mag. The G43 is even more "deep cover" for the possible NPE that a lot of employers are nowadays.

G26 is thicker, but can be easily concealed as well.
You said a lot of good stuff.

Old School HK USP Expert is great - but last week I shot a new HK VP9 polymer. It was awesome! The ergonomics were fantastic, the trigger was hard to believe good, and I made more bulls eyes that ever before accurate! Change isn't always a bad thing.

As far as carry goes, I will add my 2 cents. I carry differently in different seasons/weather/circumstances'. No One firearm or holster will satisfy all circumstances.

May I suggest you look at the Steyr S9/S9A1. I have had my S9 EDC piece since 2004 and see no reason to change. For aesthetics I like blue steel, but for a defensive sidearm how it works trumps how it looks.

I'm planning to get a lot more serious about using my Oregon CHL. Currently I have a full size stainless 1911, a Colt 1903 in .32, and a .357 Mag revolver with a 4" barrel. The only one that's easy to carry is the Colt and it's too valuable to carry daily. So I'm looking for a serious concealed carry weapon. I'm leaning toward a Glock 43, despite the fact that I hate polymer firearms. I'm thinking a light, compact, double stack 9mm. Price isn't really a consideration. Any suggestions I haven't thought about?

Are you looking for any particular type of handgun to carry? You don't have to limit yourself to polymer type handguns. Also what caliber, action type, size, double stack vs single stack. If you can choose your preferences, you will most likely find the gun you're looking for and not what everyone recommends. (Although the glock 19 is a fine choice.)

I am 5'10 and I have weighed everything between 155 - 250 over the past 9 years or so--frequently fluctuating between 190 - 220. That has never impacted what I can comfortably carry.

Glock 30 was my main carry for about 10 years (occasionally another cannon--Taurus 44 spl on my ankle--ill-advised). I carried the G30 owb and I'm sure that it always printed except possibly not if I was wearing a thick sweatshirt 2 sizes too big. So I frequently left it at home & went w/o carrying. I expect I would do the same with G19 or G23 (I don't own either) even though slightly more concealable.

I have added G27 & G42 to my collection and rarely go unarmed. I carry in an Uncle Mike's inside the pocket holster (same holster for each one). G27 works well in jeans or khakis with deep pockets. G42 works well in dress slacks and anything with shallower pockets. I wish I had waited another year after the G42 came out for the G43 because I think I could carry it when I now carry the G42 and have a 9 instead of a .380. Also, I always have an extra mag in my back pocket (G22 mag for the G27--probably more likely to be noticed than the pistol ;-).

Depending on your clothing, concealed can vary a bit. I carry my Ruger SR9c sometimes or my Ruger LC9s when I have less or lighter clothing on and need a better conceal. Best triggers ever on either of these guns.

This could draw ridicule and I understand, but I carry a Kel-Tec PF9 in my right front pants pocket. Hornady 115 XTP function EVERY time. Gun weighs 12oz empty and I have 8 rounds 9mm. I know its a crappy gun, but it functions when I pull the trigger and accuracy is NOT bad. Carry IWB, bigger, heavier, knock yourselves out. Your holster probably weighs as much as my 8 round 9mm.

Sig Sauer P226 with decocker.
Carry loaded and hot, and practice with the first shot being double action. It would suck to blast yourself in the junk drawing your weapon under stress and having pure adrenaline pumping through your veins... Plus its 18 +1 capacity metal frame and pretty light for a 4.4 inch barrel.

I had a SCCY CPX-2 and really liked it. But a buddy needed an inexpensive pistol so he now has it. Most of the time I now carry a Springfield XD9 subcompact in an OWB holster. It is a double stack holding 13+1. The extra mag I carry is a 16 round mag with a sleeve which makes the grip standard sized. I took this to Front Sight in Nevada for a 4 day class a year ago, and total round count now is nearing 3,000. I have not had a single failure to fire, tho it did have a FTE when being shot by another buddy with a limp wrist.

I carry an LC9s Pro when I need something a little smaller. Only a couple hundred rounds thru it, but no problems with it either. Also OWB.

When at the gym, I pocket carry an LCP with a laser. It prints like crazy on some machines, but I don't give a bubblegum. If some libtard wants to have a conversation, I'm more than willing to give them an education (verbally of course).

I'm 65, 6'1 and 250 (yeah, yeah - I'm working on it). Retired as well.

I carry a XDS 3.3 45 in a holster in my right front pocket and the extended mag in my left rear pocket. Wallet and spare 380 mag in my left front pocket. I carry a Kahr CW380 or a Ruger LCP in my right rear pocket, I usually have a revolver in my coat pocket.

At home I always carry a Colt Mustang XSP with spare magazine around the house.

I AM NOT Paranoid! I don't have to be, I am armed.

CZ-P01 9mm. As easy as Glock to conceal. The P07 is polymer version. Both under $500. Also the Bersa bp9 same size as S&W Shield but no safety. I've had mine several years. Mine has been very reliable.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top