JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm considering selling my current carry, an M&P 9c Gen 1 for the newer 2.0 model. I've been carrying it now for 4 years and just wanted to get feedback from folks that actually own the 2.0 models (whether the 9c or full size) just to see if it's truly worth the change. I understand the trigger is a big improvement with a noticeable reset that isn't really there in the Gen 1 models.

Just curious what you actual 2.0 owners think now that they've had some time to circulate and get some use.

Trigger is better but still not on par with full apex trigger. The compact 2.0 is a different size then the gen one. The 2.0 is closer to g19 size then gen one 9c.

I agree with USMC1911. For $200 you could drop an Apex flat faced trigger with forward set sear into your 1.0 and you'd have a better gun than the 2.0. The 2.0 also has a slightly stronger frame and more pronounced grip texture but those are pretty minor improvements IMO. YMMV.

The only other key element would be the size/dimensions of the 2.0. That can potentially be a big deal to some folks but if you're not having any trouble carrying the 1.0, I'm not sure how much it matters to you. Assuming you're happy with the 1.0 size, I'd drop an Apex into it and keep it. Unless, of course, you just want to buy a new gun...which I completely understand. :)

For me - it was a no brainer. It was THE gun I had written S&W about making for years. It was exactly what I wanted in an M&P, save for the deletion of the beavertail (I am a fan of the beavertail on the gen 1 full size) - full 3 finger grip, the same length as a gen 1 compact with pinky mag base, with 3 more rounds. Slightly longer barrel and slide compared to the gen 1 compact, which levered the butt in closer for my carry position (modified appendix, about the 1:30 position). The trigger is better, not as crisp as a Shield, but not as heavy. Mine is probably 4.5 - 5 lbs from the factory. Its better than good enough for duty use.

The grip texture is a tad rough, I stippled my gen 1 back strap, bit the 2.0 grip required hitting it with a few swipes from sandpaper to smooth it a bit.

*I* would say its worth it, but you may want to try before you buy to see if its worth it to you.

. For $200 you could drop an Apex flat faced trigger with forward set sear into your 1.0 and you'd have a better gun than the 2.0. The 2.0 also has a slightly stronger frame and more pronounced grip texture but those are pretty minor improvements IMO. YMMV.
I own 2 of the new M&P 2.0s, 45 & 9mm. I greatly improved the trigger in 3 different 1.0s and
one 2.0 just by changing the sear with a $40 Apex. I like the new 2.0. The reinforced frame
of the 2.0 make the pistol noticeably more accurate. Slide has been lightened reducing felt recoil.
A higher more aggressive grip with 4 different sizes. Better trigger reset. I would keep the 1.0
put a new sear in it and buy a new 2.0.;) I am using my M&P 2.0, 9mm, 5", for IDPA competition.
Fun to shoot accurate low recoil.:cool:
DSC00109.JPG

More good info guys, I appreciate it. Sounds like that Apex sear is worth a try. For $40 it may make enough difference to keep what I have. I do like the 1.0, but I also like getting new guns ;)

Have a full size gen 1 in 9mm and 45 and 2.0 full size in 9mm. 45 1.0 has the sear and the 1.0 9mm full trigger kit. The trigger on the 45 with sear is about the same as the stock 2.0 trigger but the trigger on the 1.0 9mm full apex kit is the best striker fired trigger I have ever used. The apex sear is nice but the apex full trigger kit is on a different level. I have very large hands and the 2.0 high grip rubs my thumb knuckle and more then 50 rounds leaves it bleeding thats why its up for trade in the classified section.

I find the Apex Sear equipped pistol as a lighter trigger pull than the 2.0 stock trigger. The couple guns that I have handled with a full Apex kit seems like it might be a little too light for a carry gun. But I'm one of those guys that likes the manual safety. I feel a little better that manual safety is on before I stuff that pistol into the holster

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top