JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Everyone has an opinion on this one, is that why there are so many makes, models and calibers out there? I personally carry a 6 shot revolver that conceals perfectly. All I need is one round to hit you, because when that round strikes you are going down with what I carry. Chances are we not going to be getting into a fire fight so how many rounds do you really need to carry?

You make no sense at all.
You say you only need 1 round,yet you carry 6,and your trying to make an argument for low capacity carry? If you are so good, and only need one round, why don't you carry a derringer? That would be twice as much firepower as you would need?
The LEO of this nation could learn a lot from you. Their average is one hit per every 8 rounds fired.
"because when that round strikes you are going down with what I carry."
No pistol caliber guarantee's one shot stop of a threat unless it is placed through the brain stem. Are you really that good? Tell the world how you got so good so we can all defend ourselves better.

There's definitely a tradeoff, since size helps controllability, accuracy, and followup speed, but hurts carry convenience and concealability. We all drive our stake in the ground in different places. There's no way I'd make a G29 my daily carry - too much oomph in too small a package. And as much as I love my G21SF, it's just not practical for CCW. So I ended up with the thinnest Glock and biggest slug that I could manage: the G36. YMMV.

You make no sense at all.
You say you only need 1 round,yet you carry 6,and your trying to make an argument for low capacity carry? If you are so good, and only need one round, why don't you carry a derringer? That would be twice as much firepower as you would need?
The LEO of this nation could learn a lot from you. Their average is one hit per every 8 rounds fired.
"because when that round strikes you are going down with what I carry."
No pistol caliber guarantee's one shot stop of a threat unless it is placed through the brain stem. Are you really that good? Tell the world how you got so good so we can all defend ourselves better.

Wow dude, don't get too worked up. I was kidding, alot of people that carry a gun seems to think they have to leave home with an arsenal of 100 rounds in the mag.
When the police get into a shoot out they are doing it from a distance with both party's taking cover and the person the police are shooting at know before hand that they are cops and have guns. The chances of a civilian getting into a shoot out of anything more than 20 yards is pretty slim. (unless you are a complete moron and try and show your cards at the wrong time) I am not sure of the number of rounds a civilian shoots to hit there target but I am sure it is much lower than the police. How many extra rounds do you have on your person? I know you want to be ready for the worst possible thing that can happen but lets be real.

Back to the 2 Glocks, if it were me and those were my choices I would choose the 36 for knock down power with some high end self defense rounds. One good hollow point to the chest is going to ventilate a chest cavity quite well and stop a person from doing any further harm. Not saying a 40 S&W will not do that, I have a G23 for a play toy myself.

Good morning.
I think this is a great thread and for the most part, good, positive opinions. I personally own several glocks to include all mentioned in this thread except the Glock 29. I carry the Glock 27 and the Glock 36 with the notion of what I am feeling on that day. Also I carry them both, and several other handguns in a "El Cheapo" Uncle Mikes IWB holster, the one that cost about $10-$15. To me, the 36 feels "slimmer" in the IWB, as I am not a skinny guy, and I try not to display a Handgun foot print or gun bulge as much as possible. You cannot go wrong with either the Glock 27 or Glock 36. You have set resonable goals for the purpose and need for your conceal carry set up. Both the .40 S&W and .45 ACP will get the job done in a defensive situation. For myself, I had the Glock 27 before I had the Glock 36. I group my Glock 27 with my Glock 23, Glock 22 which in a way are part of a family. The Glock 36 kind of stands alone. For the most part, that is why I like the Glock 27 over the Glock 36, but enjoy both very much. Good choices and hard decisions, that is the story of being a gun owner. Good luck with your choices, I say buy both!
All the Best
M-

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews