JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's time to buy a new carry gun. I've decided on a Glock, cause they work for me, there is no changing my mind. I want as much power in a small package as I can get, so should I get a 36 or 27? First, this gun is going to be carried everyday, IWB. Second, ammo cost do not matter, nor does accuracy over about 15yds. I don't plan on getting in gun fights across parking lots and whatnot. Third, it will not be a HD gun, I have a shotgun and full size handgun for that. I'm leaning towards the .40, not cause I like the round, but cause it has a little advantage (I'll take all I can get) over 9mm and has higher capacity. I am considering the .45 cause I love .45s and it has more power. What's your opinion and WHY? the gun will maybe see 100rds a year. I can shoot a 27 and a 36 just fine, I don't need to "get good" with it.

If I liked glocks in .40 S&W I'd suggest the 27 since it's a half inch less in length and height than the 36, and has a capacity advantage. But I don't. Too snappy. I can shoot .45acp and 9mm faster and more accurately.

get the glock 23 .i had the others youll add a finger extension on the 27 and it wil be the same as the 23 with a shorter barrel and less fire power i thought the 40rty was snappy with the 155 grain hp Winchesters i was shooting but not the 180grains hp then for pocket carry i use the kahr pm40

More PDs are moving from .40 to 9mm for the capacity and controllability. Main reason why I did the same thing about 7 years ago. Modern bullet technology allows a 9 to perform the same as the .40, so why have more recoil and less capacity for no real benefit? So I'd recommend 9mm. If you want to stay away from 9mm, then I'd always default to capacity as my preference for whatever round. In the end, shoot what you want. It doesn't matter.

Thanks. I'm not aginst 9mm at all, I have a 9mm as my HD handgun, just thought for carry, as much power as possible. Maybe I'll reconsider and buy another G19...but my last one still was a tad difficult to carry, so maybe a 26.

I chopped the grip on my 19 to the length of the 26. Carry it every day. I chopped the grip of my 17 to 19 length. Carry it when concealment is easier, depending on how I'm dressed. Solves the problem of the butt sticking out without losing the accuracy/velocity of the slightly longer barrel.

I simply shoot 9mm better than I do .40. I also want the most BBs in my hand that I can muster. FoF has taught me the value of suppressive fire. :D

IMG_7348.jpg

you see the finger extension on those pistols when you do that its the same length as a standard 19/23 you might as well carry a 19/23 more ammo 16 round in the 19 . 14 rounds in the 23 . i carry it behind my hip as well just canted

you see the finger extension on those pistols when you do that its the same length as a standard 19/23 you might as well carry a 19/23 more ammo 16 round in the 19 . 14 rounds in the 23 . i carry it behind my hip as well just canted

It is at the front of the grip, but not at the rear. So it saves an inch or so where it matters for me where I carry. The shorter backstrap also eliminates the palm swell, which helps. YMMV.

you guys do like you please all you have to do is invest in a proper holster like a crossbreed or a summer comfort that cants and you wont see it .besides i like people that carry less ammo than me my grand kids don't listen ether :D

I love my G26. It's accurate as ****. I shoot it much better than the G19. With a mag extension it's 13 rd, and conceals much better than my 19.

I could shoot my full sized Kimber pretty accurately. 40 yards I could do a 6" pattern of hand fairly easily.
I could do almost as well with the 36. I have big hands and the 36 felt good in my hands without any mag extensions.
Recoil was very manageable and the gun was small enough to hide easily.
And I like the 45 ACP over the 40. I may have to get a 29 to try,to go with my 20

I say get the G23 as well. Unless you are going to keep the 27 as it with no pinky extensions. As it has been said, a 27 with a pinky extension does not conceal any better than a 23.

I don't have a ton of experience in this matter myself but have been looking into the same thing. I have found the slim handle of the Glock 36 in a .45 ACP is a perfect conceal carry option due to the thin profile. You may get less rounds but it really only takes one well placed shot. Look at ballistic reports of the 9mm and .45ACP. Yeah you can put multible 9mm rounds in a person that go through them at a faster speed but the .45ACP has a slower bullet that does more damage. You hit them with a .45 center mass and the chance of them seeing the light of day and sueing you greatly decreases.
Just my 2 cents.

Ugh.....this question is a total toss up. Back when I decided break down and pick up my 1st Glock, I went over this question about 100 times. I eventually broke down and bought both. Now, I still can't answer the question. Sometimes I feel like 11rds of 40.....sometimes I like having 7 cannonballs in my pocket with the .45. Both carry great, and either way, I feel both will get the job done if needed.

Check out what shoots and feels best, both are great concealed carry Glocks.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top