JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I took my concealed carry class in October of 2011. The guy running the class signed and date stamped my card. I put off getting my CWP for a couple of reason. Figured it make it easier to confiscate firearms, but after realizing Obama would never go after our guns and knowing that all they'd have to do to find out if I own firearms is to track my internet history that I should go ahead and get it. My certificate is stamped October 2011. Can I still take it into the Sheriffs department to get my CWP or do I have to take another class?

I have yet to hear of a cert expiring, nor seen anything in the laws that indicate that it has to be a "current" cert, they only list who has to teach the class.

We inquired about this with Multnomah. Wife and I have training certificates from 2005. They are fine with it. I took the MD online class as well just for a backup certificate. Its free, easy and issued by a LE agency. Multnomah will also accept it so I'm told.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

In Oregon I'm unaware of any issue with "expired" training certs.

In Mass. and lots of other gun-unfriendly states, individual Chiefs of Police basically make up their own criteria as they go along, and requiring you to get a new certificate every time you renew your license is common. Particularly when you have to get a discretionary permit just to own ANY pistol. (Still waiting for the lawsuit post-Heller, but it hasn't yet come up.)

Mine was a few years old by the time I took it in to them. LOL. I imagine if it's getting really old they may complain about it, but I've never heard of anything that specifies that it has to be recent.

Well I'll test this out. My appointment is on March 1st and the cert is dated May 18, 2002. 11 years isn't that long right? really shouldn't have put it off so long.

Oregon doesn't have an expiration. Utah does. I missed out on my Utah one. Waited too long. Now if I want it I have to take the class again.

Take an On-Line course and print out your certificate.

For everyone who carries, there is a responsibility to stay up to date on the law.
It won't hurt to review the material.

If you need further details, check with OFF --> the link is on the side bar.
Drop about $15 and buy their book.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top