JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I heard that today. Another Icon passes. Unfortunately I never got to meet him, but my dad did several years ago. I have the signed entry ticket to the concourse and a pic my dad took then.
He was definitely a hero to be "worshiped" by a young Ford fan when it seemed that Chevy was the only way to go. Carroll Shelby brought the Manufacturers Championship to the Ford Company decades before any other American manufacturer, giving Enzo Ferrari a huge loss. (July 4, 1965) He was a racer, and always a racer at heart.

Rip, Carroll. I'll do a big ol nasty burnout in my 65 Mustang in your honor tomorrow!

When I was 12in 1978 we were going home from church. It was a sunday thing to stop of at A&W and have lunch. We just pulled in and there was this load rumble.
I looked next to us and there was this little blue car with white stripes big wheels and crome side pipes. I had never seen a car like it before. It was so cool. I got out and was looking at the car and hadsuch a grin. It looked like one of my hot wheels cars but it was reeal. My dad was talking to the guy and he could see how excited I was so he let me sit in the driveres seat.
That was a great day and I think I had that grin for a week or so. Never saw the car or the guy again but I will not forget the car. First time I ever saw a AC Cobra.
I have loved that car since and have wanted to get one. Well a kit car.
I have so many books and read so much about the cars and the man and the things he has done. He has had his hands in the development of so many cars, most of them good and a few not so good.
He was a legend from the start of the car wars.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top