JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You should be able to mold that holster around your gun for a better fit. Get it wet and put the gun in and let it dry for a couple of days. Some people like to place saran wrap around the gun but I dont think its necessary.

I've been carrying about 35-40 years; I carry a 4" XD-9 double stack with 18 rounds in each of 3 mags; that is open carry which you can only do in Portland with a CPL. This weights in at about 36 oz. My concealment XD9-sub weights in at 32 oz. I use 2 locking holsters: Uncle Mikes Reflex for open carry and N8Squared Pro for IWB for either my XD9 or XD9 Sub. Both lock the gun in place.... this has saved me twice: from accidentally dropping the gun in a fall, and not from having some nut trying to take it. I use a "YourTack" gun belt I got online made of harness-leather for about $60.

Always carry safe and hope to never have to draw, just train incase you have to!

LOL, Stan :cool:

Oh poor me ;) Really wanna carry a revolver! Looking around it appears the size will be about the same but this one i liked because its only 25 ounces compared to my 1911's 42 ounces.

Model 329PD | Smith & Wesson

I love my 1911 but its a range queen. Due to size and weight I always end up carrying my subcompact Glocks or snub nose .38. The 329pd is an excellent choice. My experience is the easier it is to carry, the more you'll do it.

Some advice from a guy who has no butt...Try a pair of Perry Suspenders, they have made a huge difference for me in my every day carry. I was literally suffering from constipation because I was sinching my belt so tight:mad:!! Not to mention, they are cheap. About $15 on Amazon.

.44 Magnum in a 25 oz revolver? :( Ouch! .357 Magnum in my 32 oz M66 is stiff enough.

I'm using a sturdy belt from Ted Blocker in Tigard. (Need a new one.) I also wear suspenders. :)

I've been lucky as I found what I wanted after buying only three holsters. A Summer Special style tuckable from A. E. Nelson in Scio worn appendix position is my favorite as it is comfortable and I prefer my shirt tucked. A DeSantis Thumb Break Scabbard works when I'm wearing a coat. I have an Alienware I used for parts to modify the Nelson to ride higher.

edc 1.jpg

Some advice from a guy who has no butt...Try a pair of Perry Suspenders, they have made a huge difference for me in my every day carry. I was literally suffering from constipation because I was sinching my belt so tight:mad:!! Not to mention, they are cheap. About $15 on Amazon.

I buy Perry suspenders from Walmart. The web site lists them for $20, but I believe I paid $16.

I have a small waist and short upper body so my daily carry is a SW 642 with good ammo in a good quality hi rise OWB hip carry leather holster. I hardly know its there and lays against my side. I can drive and sit comfortably, and can wear it under a t shirt and it wont print. Option 2 on occasion is a Colt commander in 38 super with a similar rig when I feel I may need more fire power. I tried a full size 1911 in 45 and it was way too heavy for my taste.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top