JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My holster. The only part i dislike about it is my gun does not slide out unless i use 2 hands to hold the holster while i tug the gun (obviously a problem). I wonder if that's actually caused by the rail under the barrel. Holster might have been designed for a standard 1911.
View attachment 322549 View attachment 322550

If you are like most who carry for a long time you will end up with several holsters. Almost all end up with a box or drawer that has several. Only way to really find out is trial and error. I have been a 1911 Fan since childhood. Started carrying one back in the 70s. For me I settled on a belt slide for most carry. At times still use a shoulder rig when dress does not work with a good belt. Others are right on there. If you want to carry that much weight on a belt it needs to be a good belt. Kudos on the carry though. In time you should start to feel strange if you don't have something. ;-)

Milt Sparks Nexus in horsehide (backside) and steer (molded front side), both smooth side in, natural grain of the leather provides enough grip to stay in place.
image.jpeg

If you're looking for a belt the Ares Gear Aegis belt is simply fantastic. It is pricey. But you'll get at least 5 years out of it and it's incredibly versatile. It's super stiff and can handle anything you throw at it from a light EDC load to a full range loadout of multiple pistol and rifle magazines, holster, and anything else you got (knives, multi tools, flashlight, IFAK, etc.). The belt is infinitely adjustable due to the buckle style so you can adjust tension freely and easily as needed. There's also no problem with threading it through belt loops compared to some cobra buckles. I love cobra buckles but hate dealing with them on an EDC basis. The belt is also subtle and doesn't scream, "shoot me first," like tactical looking belts/cobra buckles can.

A 1911 is quite a narrow gun, so it goes well in a IWB holster. I carried one that way for quite a while.

The older you get, the less weight you can tolerate. Even my Walther PPQ is feeling heavy these days.

Congratulations, it is exhilarating isn't it? The spidy tingle on the back of the neck will lessen to a degree of comfort but should always be present like situationial awareness.
Search Cobra belts here, they are top notch!!!!
Contact PigNorton91
Good luck feeling like a responsible citizen in a world of chaos.;)

Yep folks will spend good money on a pistol & holster but overlook the belt. It's much like trying to build a house without a foundation.

100% agreed that a good gun belt will serve you well for many years.

I have not read all the good post answers so forgive me if I repeat stuff. With awesome powers comes awesome responsibility. I pack all the time, (I have to in SW OR) and doing so gives me the willies knowing the responsibilities of legal armed citizenship.

Consider the CrossBreed Super Tuck Non Combat Cutaway Horse Hide Upgrade inside the pants big paddle holster along with a couple of two mag mag holders. My Springfield Armory T, 5", .45, B, TS double stack .45 Super DISAPPEARS even wearing just a Tee Shirt.

A good thick wide gun belt is necessary. My Levi 501 shrink to fit pants have custom belt loops. More around the holsters. The four, (4) 13 rd reload mags nicely balances out the loaded handgun. This combo is so comfy you forget you are packing 65 rounds.

Overkill? Remember it is only a handgun inherently underpowered compared to a 12 gage or a good deer rifle. Having a legally concealed handgun just buys you time to get out of a bad situation or time to get to your shotgun or rifle. Situational awareness.

CrossBreed has excellent stuff. Others will disagree which is good. Do not forget to include in the meager monthly budget the required professional handgun training. You will wear out holsters practicing safe handgun use. Good luck. Stay safe. Respectfully.

I was gifted a S&W 360PD in .357 Magnum and the only way to describe what it's like to shoot it is to imagine holding an m-80 firecracker in your closed fist while it goes off.
I can't even think how bad it would be to shoot 44 magnum rounds through one of these super light revolvers.
I believe that "PD" stands for palm destroyer and no one has fired my 360PD for more then two rounds before they hand it back to me while they're trying to get some feeling back into their hand.

I have gotten a few belts from a leather goods guy at the Portland Saturday market (he comes up from Eugene, I can't tell you his name). About $35, 1/4" thick, 1 7/8" tall, single piece, non-reinforced. I am 12 years in on mine (I wear it daily), and its doing good.

One piece non-reinforced leather belt works great for IWB, but as the belt softens up, an OWB setup will twist and sag the belt. For OWB you really should get a reinforced belt.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top