JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i cant believe how these idiots think. restricting high cap mags and assault weapons wouldn't stop a thing. they would simply carry more magazines. i can reload pretty fast, how about you? And another thing, these bureaucrats are all protected by people with weapons. its like they are struggling to show the people how the will help stop these things, when it is completely out of there hands.they need to accept that criminals exist and there are wacko's out there and do there best to prevent the sale of ammo and weapons to these people. by the way what is "hi capacity ammunition?":s0114:

While I agree with you that banning high cap mags will be useless, I would not call Rep Carolyn McCarthy an idiot or a bureaucrat. Her perspective is based on her terrible experience. Here's a part of her bio from wikkipedea:

On December 7, 1993, her husband, Dennis, was killed and her son, Kevin, severely injured, on a Long Island Rail Road commuter train at the Merillon Avenue station, when a mass murderer, Colin Ferguson, opened fire on random unarmed passengers.[4] Ferguson killed six and wounded 19 others.[5] McCarthy responded to the crime by launching a campaign for additional gun control that eventually propelled her to Congress in 1996 on the Democratic ticket.

Will gun control prevent these crimes? I do not think so. But McCarthy has earned the right to her point of view.

While I agree with you that banning high cap mags will be useless, I would not call Rep Carolyn McCarthy an idiot or a bureaucrat. Her perspective is based on her terrible experience. Here's a part of her bio from wikkipedea:

On December 7, 1993, her husband, Dennis, was killed and her son, Kevin, severely injured, on a Long Island Rail Road commuter train at the Merillon Avenue station, when a mass murderer, Colin Ferguson, opened fire on random unarmed passengers.[4] Ferguson killed six and wounded 19 others.[5] McCarthy responded to the crime by launching a campaign for additional gun control that eventually propelled her to Congress in 1996 on the Democratic ticket.

Will gun control prevent these crimes? I do not think so. But McCarthy has earned the right to her point of view.
she may have a right to her point of view, but she has no clue about anything when it comes to guns and does what she does based on emotion and not fact (you ever see the "shoulder thing that goes up" video?). This is dangerous IMO. A vast majority of the sheeples in this country are exceedingly ignorant when it comes to things related to guns, just look at the NRA at times. Guns to them are scary and threatening. All she has to do is get people riled up and bam, no more guns. It worked when a vocal minority managed to get Prohibition enacted and look where that got us. Its reps like her that are ruining this country. She has proposed a gun control bill pretty much every year since she went into office and she doesn't even know what exactly it bans other than scary guns. Frankly if you don't know what is in your bill and what your bill does you need to GTFO of office and have no place making laws.

Fear is their only tactic. Facts don't support their arguments. The brady bunch hollered about "blood in the streets" when shall-issue CHL laws became more popular but the opposite has happened.

McCarthy was trying to ban these apparently

With that logic Since I have had close relatives die in a car accident Do I have the right to project my grief onto the american public and have cars outlawed?? Politicals do not have the right to use thier polical power for personal gain over the rights of all americans. They do have the right to run thier mouth as they see fit just like we do. RIGHTS what RIGHTS thiers or ours or ALL slippery slope End Rant

The politicians are there to represent their constituents and their constituent's point of view. Hopefully if that's not happening then she'll get voted out. I don't think all of these types of people are that stupid to think small changes like magazine size will make a big difference. I do believe they see it as a first step in the direction they want things to go so they'll keep doing it. What we need to do is make things go the other way by voting different people into office. If you really think you're ever going to change these people's minds it just isn't going to happen.

I actually read an article today that a columnist was trying to state that Glocks were made for the military and thus they were only intended to kill people. They are not for recreation or home protection. I couldn't believe it. You know this was the incident that the pelosi, reid, and brady's were waiting for. Finally something to put fear into the Repubs heads to allow them to start their gun control nonsense again.
As sad as this situation is you know those gun control nuts were just salivating when this story hit.
I get it, we may not need 30 rounds mags, but when they ban one thing, where does it end? Just like tatoos, once you get one, you want more.
Since this came out I've been angry and knew they are going to use this as the spark to get their grubby mits on my 20 round sig mags, and my dirty black rifle.

Next time please let these psycopaths use a machete! Man why don't they get the common sense of this????

she may have a right to her point of view, but she has no clue about anything when it comes to guns and does what she does based on emotion and not fact (you ever see the "shoulder thing that goes up" video?). This is dangerous IMO. A vast majority of the sheeples in this country are exceedingly ignorant when it comes to things related to guns, just look at the NRA at times. Guns to them are scary and threatening. All she has to do is get people riled up and bam, no more guns. It worked when a vocal minority managed to get Prohibition enacted and look where that got us. Its reps like her that are ruining this country. She has proposed a gun control bill pretty much every year since she went into office and she doesn't even know what exactly it bans other than scary guns. Frankly if you don't know what is in your bill and what your bill does you need to GTFO of office and have no place making laws.

I think you are basically right. My only caution would be that Rep McCarthy is not the person to demonize. I am more concerned with pols like Mayor Daley and Bloomberg. Gun control is a way for them to 'show that they care' about their poorer constituents' concerns with community violence - without having to shell out a dime to create after school programs, summer jobs, mental health care, debt relief - all the triggers for social breakdown. Then its back to business as usual, the facilitating of lucrative real estate deals to the people who really count.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top