JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What do you feel the police officer who witnessed it happen should have done?
Depends whether some Karen and Todd threw a tantrum while curled up in the fetal position on the floor. Other than that, I would have taken the guy outside, secured his weapon, helped him with his holster or maybe suggested a better one, then told him it's prolly best if he went home and called it a day.

It should be impossible to simple 'drop' a firearm if it is properly holstered. Amiright?
Largely in part yes - this cannot be argued.

However IF in fact the story is true and that it 'fell out of his pocket' and was NOT holstered then it was in fact NOT an accident and purely negligence on his part for not utilizing a holster or other device to secure it.

I witnessed a dropped (unloaded) gun just the other day but it in this case it was an accident. While sitting in a motorhome I asked a lady what she was carrying and she withdrew it out of her holster, unloaded, cleared it and handed it to me. It was a mini-Ruger .380. I handed it back and as she was operating the action it sprung out of her hand and hit the floor. No damage to the gun but she was obviously startled - and so was I.

I attributed this to the extremely short grip the gun has and is difficult to hold. Just last Sunday I fired the gun (twice) and I don't know how anybody would want to carry something with as small of a grip it has.

Last Edited:
Because no one ever makes a mistake? Wow. You're ok with him getting charged with a felony?
Not taking a side in this incident.
Just remember that charges aren't convictions. I wouldn't be surprised to see the charges pled way down, if not outright dismissed. No clue if Indiana has a way to strip a citizen of their rights prior to being convicted.

Headlines get clicks. The end of the story rarely makes it to print.

Mr. Rogers don't play, son!!
02933c4c67ce2c7e70c356b8829590a7.jpg

This book was banned in the US.

-Robert

The new Mr. Rogers script....

Hello Boys and Girls and welcome to Mr. Roger's neighborhood.
Do you like my Rifle...? Thank you...
Its a AR15 ...one of the most popular firearms in America.
This rifle is easy to shoot and maintain...also it can be equipped with a vast array of items.

Did you know that this rifle , is very safe...Yes that is true boys and girls...
If you keep your finger off the trigger , and watch where you point the muzzle....along with using the safety switch....You will do just fine.

Can you say this...?
I'm sure you can :
Remember every gun is loaded...Keep your finger of the trigger and be mindful of where your muzzle is pointed.
Oh that was nice ...thank you.

Now did you also know that there are those who want to take this rifle away from you and I...?
Yes that too is true , boys and girls.
Can you say :
Not going to @#%& happen...
I know you can....

CUT....!
Wait...what about....
Andy

Last Edited:
The new Mr. Rogers script....

Hello Boys and Girls and welcome to Mr. Roger's neighborhood.
Do you like my Rifle...? Thank you...
Its a AR15 ...one of the most popular firearms in America.
This rifle is easy to shoot and maintain...also it can be equipped with a vast array of items.

Did you know that this rifle , is very safe...Yes that is true boys and girls...
If you keep your finger off the trigger , and watch where you point the muzzle....along with using the safety switch....You will do just fine.

Can you say this...?
I'm sure you can :
Remember every gun is loaded...Keep your finger of the trigger and be mindful of where your muzzle is pointed.
Oh that was nice ...thank you.

Now did you also know that there are those who want to take this rifle away from you and I...?
Yes that too is true , boys and girls.
Can you say :
Not going to happen...?
I know you can....

CUT....!
Wait...what about....
Andy
No "Won't you be my neighbor?" :D

IIRC the federal law exempts you if you have a state issued CHL.

Any gun free zone law in any public building is unconstitutional in my book.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top