JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone with first hand knowledge of the public lands around Panther Creek road above Carlton? I have heard rumor that all shooting is shutdown, and enforcement is handing out $500 fines. Anyone heard of this? What the he$l is going on? If this is true, I am sick of our public places getting shut down...course I can't find any ammo to shoot anyway...freedom is going downhill these days...at this rate, I am ready to head off to the Free Republic of Texas!!!!

Someone please report!!!

Thanks,
cpy911

Yeah. There's lots of leased land up there and I know of one area along Meadow Lake Rd. (just before the reservoir) that's posted AND they do chase you off. I know you shouldn't go beyond a gate, but are there other un-gated areas like this ?

For what it is worth, I used to go shooting on the other side of the mountain, up Baker Creek Road. They have posted it for no trespassing (sign is about 20' up on a tree just as the road changes to gravel), and my son-in-law was chased off by a county sheriff last year (no ticket, though).

My understanding is that Willamette Industries owns/leases pretty much the whole mountain. Apparently, they have lost their tolerance of shooters.

I gave up on going up there - joined a club instead.

A lot of that up there is W-h-o-r-ehouser and they will chase and harrass you for even being on the roads. Even though they are county/BLM roads!! They have no shooting signs all over the place up there now and lots of locked gates. I ride my dualsport up there a lot and their security guy is a real pleasure to deal with. Once I explained that he didn't own the public road and that I was on a plated bike he shut up. The county sherriff that patrols that area isn't much better.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top