JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone with first hand knowledge of the public lands around Panther Creek road above Carlton? I have heard rumor that all shooting is shutdown, and enforcement is handing out $500 fines. Anyone heard of this? What the he$l is going on? If this is true, I am sick of our public places getting shut down...course I can't find any ammo to shoot anyway...freedom is going downhill these days...at this rate, I am ready to head off to the Free Republic of Texas!!!!

Someone please report!!!

Thanks,
cpy911

Yeah. There's lots of leased land up there and I know of one area along Meadow Lake Rd. (just before the reservoir) that's posted AND they do chase you off. I know you shouldn't go beyond a gate, but are there other un-gated areas like this ?

For what it is worth, I used to go shooting on the other side of the mountain, up Baker Creek Road. They have posted it for no trespassing (sign is about 20' up on a tree just as the road changes to gravel), and my son-in-law was chased off by a county sheriff last year (no ticket, though).

My understanding is that Willamette Industries owns/leases pretty much the whole mountain. Apparently, they have lost their tolerance of shooters.

I gave up on going up there - joined a club instead.

A lot of that up there is W-h-o-r-ehouser and they will chase and harrass you for even being on the roads. Even though they are county/BLM roads!! They have no shooting signs all over the place up there now and lots of locked gates. I ride my dualsport up there a lot and their security guy is a real pleasure to deal with. Once I explained that he didn't own the public road and that I was on a plated bike he shut up. The county sherriff that patrols that area isn't much better.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top