JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Couple of decades ago, when I first started pocket carrying I accidentally pulled my NAA 22lr out of my pocket along with the other stuff was trying to get out of that pocket. It was right in front of my client, in his house--he didn't say a word, just gave me a dark look & never called me again

Ouch, if pocket carrying only the firearm with holster goes in that pocket.

No drops for me, but my wife did in Costco, when she just started carrying. She had her Bersa Thunder 380 in an Uncle Mikes fabric holster with a plastic clip tucked into the front of her leggings with a blouse over it. Our littlest was not fully potty trained and had to use the bathroom. As she leaned over to wipe a butt, her Bersa slid out of the holster, rotated muzzle down and hit the tile floor with a loud crack. It left a small dent on the slide to the right of the barrel. Kydex holsters only after that.

Had my back pack buckle catch between my side and the handle of my glock 20 and flip it out of the holster 20 ft up in a tree stand and in the dark, took me over a half hour to find it after I got down. went to a chest holster after that.

Ouch, if pocket carrying only the firearm with holster goes in that pocket.

No drops for me, but my wife did in Costco, when she just started carrying. She had her Bersa Thunder 380 in an Uncle Mikes fabric holster with a plastic clip tucked into the front of her leggings with a blouse over it. Our littlest was not fully potty trained and had to use the bathroom. As she leaned over to wipe a butt, her Bersa slid out of the holster, rotated muzzle down and hit the tile floor with a loud crack. It left a small dent on the slide to the right of the barrel. Kydex holsters only after that.
Uncle Mike's hates Bersa. He got me about 6-7 years ago at Izzy's lunch buffet. Walking from the food counter, one hand full of salad plate the other full of pizza, I feel my Bersa BP9cc now cold and unholstered slipping inside my pant leg. Unfortunately I have vowed never to wear skinny jeans. Crossing near the restrooms and the door entrance, an old timer is on the payphone looking right at me. The barrel of the gun is poking out more than halfway next to my shoe. How he doesn't notice is God's second joke of the day on me. I lay my food of the floor (perfectly normal), and jack the pistol back near my calf while pretending to tie my shoe.

Now positive everyone has seen what happened, I went to the table and fished the gun out and stuck it back into that limp holster. I pretended to eat a few bites and left before the law showed up. The reality is, I'm just not that important. It hurt a little to find that out. Really. I will say, if a large black man can walk through a small town greasy spoon with a gun sticking out of his shoe and no one reacts, are most people really racist? No more Uncle Mikes or cheap holsters since that day.

Uncle Mike's hates Bersa. He got me about 6-7 years ago at Izzy's lunch buffet. Walking from the food counter, one hand full of salad plate the other full of pizza, I feel my Bersa BP9cc now cold and unholstered slipping inside my pant leg. Unfortunately I have vowed never to wear skinny jeans. Crossing near the restrooms and the door entrance, an old timer is on the payphone looking right at me. The barrel of the gun is poking out more than halfway next to my shoe. How he doesn't notice is God's second joke of the day on me. I lay my food of the floor (perfectly normal), and jack the pistol back near my calf while pretending to tie my shoe.

Now positive everyone has seen what happened, I went to the table and fished the gun out and stuck it back into that limp holster. I pretended to eat a few bites and left before the law showed up. The reality is, I'm just not that important. It hurt a little to find that out. Really. I will say, if a large black man can walk through a small town greasy spoon with a gun sticking out of his shoe and no one reacts, are most people really racist? No more Uncle Mikes or cheap holsters since that day.
The reality is that most people are so preoccupied with themselves that they don't notice what's going on around them. Don't take it too personally that you don't matter to others :s0062:

The reality is that most people are so preoccupied with themselves that they don't notice what's going on around them. Don't take it too personally that you don't matter to others :s0062:
At a grocery store once I tried to stuff my wallet back into my back pocket with my cover garment apparently in the way. I got it but when I got to the car I noticed that the shirt had ridden up over my carry piece. I must have walked past a dozen people on my way out and no one batted an eye. Kinda bugged me that the guy next to me in line was starring right at my wallet (I hope that's where he was looking!) watching me struggle with it and never said a word.

So yeah, people are oblivious. More so now that everyone is glued to their phones.

Someone dropped a stainless ruger single six pistol on our ranch during hunting season. Asked all those who had permission, it wasn't theirs. It's my truck gun now. !!!!

Only once have I dropped a gun. One of the more embarrassing moments I can remember.
Just bought a Garand from a member here. I was on daddy duty at the time so my 2 year old was with me. On the way out of the gun shop, hands full of Garand clips, child's hand and a too small of gun case that didn't fully zip up.
The rifle slipped right out of the case and landed on the floor. Ouch. Gun was fine, thank God.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads