JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I carelessly dropped my sidearm tonight...and I do not mean lightly dropped it to the floor. I mean I dropped it hard.

I was removing my holster to put it and my firearm into the safe under the bathroom sink and the clipped hooked on my jeans as I was removing it. That caused me to loose my grip pn the gun and holster. As I lost my grip the holster came loose and went sailing into the nearby wall and onto the floor. It did not drop gently either. It hit the wall hard enough to take a big chunk out and dent the metal corner bead underneath (see pic). It sounded like a bomb going off it hit the ground so hard.

Luckily the gun was not damaged at all. Not even a scratch. I was terrified as I watched it fall to the floor. Even though I know it is almost impossible for it to happen; I could just picture it firing when it hit the ground.

I guess it could have been a lot worse. All I have to do now is repair a small place in the drywall. I hope I will be more careful from now on.

Anyone else ever drop their firearm?

ding.jpg

Put my EDC up on the shelf in the closet while I was getting dressed one morning. Pulled a sweater over my head and manged to whack the tiny bit of the handle that was sticking out over the ledge... pistol with flying into the wall and bounced off and landed at my feet. I gave a stern lecture to the pistol on behaving properly and it's not happened again!

-d

When I first started carrying my carry pistol was a full size Sig P220 with a kydex holster. I was wearing an extremely flimsy belt from Abercrombie or somewhere of the like and I believe it folded in half, then slipped out of the holster tabs as I was getting in and out of my truck. I was walking through Fred Meyer and I felt my pistol slide down my pant leg all the way to the ground. It didn't fall out, but there wasn't much I could do as it was down near my ankle. I thought for sure everyone noticed, but I honestly this it was probably just my nerves and I doubt anyone saw. I was able to slide it back up my pant leg and clip it while I walked to the restroom to refasten everything. The next day I ordered my Milt Sparks belt and I've been happy with it for the past few years :D

Put my EDC up on the shelf in the closet while I was getting dressed one morning. Pulled a sweater over my head and manged to whack the tiny bit of the handle that was sticking out over the ledge... pistol with flying into the wall and bounced off and landed at my feet. I gave a stern lecture to the pistol on behaving properly and it's not happened again!

-d
lol

I was out in the woods once and my glock fell out of my holster (don't ask) directly onto some rocks I was standing over. Didn't damage anything cosmetically, and it still seems to work!

Not sure about dropping a firearm but I have slammed the stock in a pickup truck door out deer hunting. Only time I was ever glad my 22-250 had a plastic stock. Cause had it been Walnut as hard as I slammed that door the stock would have been serverly damaged.

Went to the back cruncher once. He was working my back over when I hear 'thunk thunk'. Oops. He knew I carried so it wasn't a huge shock but embarrassing none the less.

Taking a shower, put it on top of my stack of fresh clothes. When I was done I tried to pull a shirt out from underneath and it fell off the table. Wasn't too worried about it though, linoleum bathroom floor can take that no prob. And it's a sig p229 so there's no way it could go off even if it landed directly on the hammer and broke what holds it back because of the firing pin block.

PBP - don't feel bad - when we had the shop up and running we had a customer's AK that was used in some movie - nice red tone wood. He had sent it in for a refinish and a new barrel - we had taken it apart and had one of the guys press the new barrel in and he promptly forgot to use the support fixture. End result - he tacoed the receiver - bent the mag well out on both sides so you could drop a pool ball through it. After about 2 days of pounding with a big hammer and using the press and a torch, etc. we did get the gun back to it's original form and functioning correctly and refinished it again - it came out beautiful in the end but we didn't have any of the guys using the press after that...

I pulled my HK uspc out of the holster. Promptly fumbling ,and dropping it. Fortunately it landed on my little toe. Of course I was barefoot. It didnt hurt the pistol any, but it took a while to get the bleeding under control.

One time I thought I would go John Wayne with my pistol grip 870 shot gun and attempted to fire it one handed, well it fired but I could not maintain my grip and the gun clattered down to the ground in some gravel. I never stood a chance, to much watching TV.

Let a guy I know shoot my .357 derringer and I told him to hold on with both hands. He didn't listen. The derringer flew out of his hand, hit him in the forehead and landed three feet behind him on the ground. I was laughing, until I saw the blood trickle down his forehead between his eyes and down his nose. The hammer got him good. For some reason no one wanted to be the next one to shoot it.

had a sawed off 12 guage single shot one time, years ago. one guy in the bunch giving everyone who shot it a hard time about injuries incured upon firing said gun. his turn came up, gave him a 3in mag buck load. stuck the hammer in his forehead just above his glasses, laying on the ground with that gun stuck to his forehead; PRICELESS

10 times in three months, are you serious?

Unfortunately, yes. I don't know if it is bad luck or what. I have become more conscious that I have a hard time keeping ahold of it and don't drop it as much lately.:eek:
I dropped it in the bathroom (tile floor), and heard my wife shriek "Is THAT your gun?" since she saw me drop it earlier while getting dressed. She said "it better not be loaded", I guess she'd heard the same stereotype about Glocks.

I slipped going down a wet exterior ladder in heavy seas during a night boarding and while it wasn't technically a drop, my M60 nearly beat me to death as I let it hang on the straps as I flailed around for a handhold as I bounced down the companionway, to the amusement of my "friends". SO FAR, that is the only time I have lost control of a weapon.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top