JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just a heads up. I made an offer for a firearm on GUNS.Com and it was accepted. It showed up in my cart. Next morning I called in to pay via CC only to be told it had been sold to another customer for $25 more. Something just isn't right about their business practices. Their reply...."its our policy". They can rot in hades.

It goes the other way too, by making an offer you don't have to purchase it either, so sometimes that's helpful if just want to try and haggle their bottom dollar to see if it's worth your time.
They should add a selection though that allows someone to commit to buying the gun if the offer is accepted.

Guns.com is an online marketplace. They have no inventory, just advertise and middleman customer service.

I recently learned the hard way that this model is not perfect after receiving a pistol advertised as new in box but was wholly abused and used. CS dragged their feet until I demanded a supervisor to handle the return. May have been a fluke but I'll not likely use their service again.

This is one reason I only buy big ticket items from certain vendors. And NEVER, EVER from optics planet. I'm willing to pay a small premium for peace of mind and integrity.

Yes, but they DO have their own items for sale, and my issue was with one of THEIR guns. thsy just wanted to make an extra 25 bucks by screwing me. I don't think your issue was a fluke, just business a usual for them. They now hold a place with Armslist, in general.

Coming up on one month since my order was shipped for return. No funds have been refunded. CS says refund was processed. Inept would be an understatement.

I'll post again with my experience once this farce is complete. Buyer beware.

HeyJoe......GO FOR IT.
Its time questionable business practices are dealt with by the consumer...us.
You should see some of the correspondence I've received from their HQ....a joke, really. I just hope others will take heed. I've tried posting on Facebook, but they deleted my comments...so I go to other gun sites....please do the same if you have the time.
John

Yes, but they DO have their own items for sale, and my issue was with one of THEIR guns. they just wanted to make an extra 25 bucks by screwing me. I don't think your issue was a fluke, just business a usual for them.

Very shabby business practice. They have no honor.

I've just been to their website, boy does navigation on it suck.

HeyJoe......GO FOR IT.
Its time questionable business practices are dealt with by the consumer...us.
You should see some of the correspondence I've received from their HQ....a joke, really. I just hope others will take heed. I've tried posting on Facebook, but they deleted my comments...so I go to other gun sites....please do the same if you have the time.
John
You'll be hearing all about my experience to include pictures of the item. Soon as I have been refunded in full.

Coming up on one month since my order was shipped for return. No funds have been refunded. CS says refund was processed. Inept would be an understatement.

Just be careful they aren't trying to stall you out of disputing it with your bank. Just file the dispute now.

Might that be part of the problem? Why would you wait to pay ... especially by calling in which is far less secure than doing it digitally using SSL that online payment systems use.
That had nothing to do with it...as I said before I was told my offer accepted and it was put in my cart. I was willng to risk it to secure the item before someone else snagged it. I had to wait till the next am because it was after their business hrs. Thanks for asking.

No problem.

Did they not have an option to pay right then making calling in the only way to finish the transaction?

Again, just wondering here, but a lot of online "shopping carts" will time out if you don't finish the transaction is a certain amount of time. That keeps folks from tying up inventory that could otherwise be sold to someone else. This is common because a hacker, or a competitor can "buy" products and then not finish the transaction, tying up inventory and keeping that business from making actual sales.

A good reason to only use a credit card (never a debit card) for an online purchase.

Just be careful they aren't trying to stall you out of disputing it with your bank. Just file the dispute now.
The banker I spoke to was mistaken, my account was credited over a week ago. Thank you though.
A good reason to only use a credit card (never a debit card) for an online purchase.
Yes sir, one of the many nuggets I've learned on this very site.

These guys had the audacity to relist the firearm in question as used in "very good" condition for $30.00 less than what i had paid. You be the judge:

Screenshot_20210508-212401_Chrome.jpg 20210317_174203.jpg 20210317_174032.jpg 20210317_173939.jpg 20210317_173905.jpg 20210317_173846.jpg 20210317_173820.jpg 20210317_173755.jpg 20210317_173718.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top