JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm currently working on a "light" build and I'm contemplating running a carbon fiber handguard. What's everyones thoughts on carbon fiber handguards? Do you like the look and weight benefits?

Curious what everyones thoughts are on these handguards. Anyone have one that they like or don't like?

Any and all input is appreciated.

I have an AP Customs 17" on a 20" barrel. There are nicer/thicker CF made handguards out there, but it works just fine for me. No issues with quality or anything. It's a bench gun anyway so I didn't really buy it for weight savings. I just like carbon fiber honestly. It's a little flashy, but so is the burnt bronze receiver set.

I have an AP Customs 17" on a 20" barrel. There are nicer/thicker CF made handguards out there, but it works just fine for me. No issues with quality or anything. It's a bench gun anyway so I didn't really buy it for weight savings. I just like carbon fiber honestly. It's a little flashy, but so is the burnt bronze receiver set.

Do you have the Gen II or the rhino series with the new style barrel nut? Is there any play between the handguard and the mounting system? I agree it's a little flashy. I like the look and benefits of carbon fiber though. On the fence about what style to get. Lot's of options the mounting system is what's holding me back at this point.

I got the Gen II. The only thing I mount is a bipod so that was easy, though it was a separate $10 part. There is no play at all and it feels solid, even with the bipod mounted about 14" away from the barrel nut. The barrel stays centered in the handguard tube. I wouldn't trust it to drop it though. It's solid enough to shoot with no worries but it's not really a battle ready HG.

I've been looking at the AP stuff for awhile now and I think that's the route I'm going to go. That's good to know there is no play and it feels solid. That was my biggest concern. Thanks for all the info brother I appreciate it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top