JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been using my Remington auto loader, for skeet. It works perfectly. That said, I noticed there is a stubborn carbon build up where the barrel gas ports meet, just behind the o-ring. The jet of hot gas, seems to force carbon onto the surface. I used carb cleaner, but that only worked partially. I took some 0000 steel wool soaked in carb cleaner gently worked it, and got the carbon removed. Lubed with CLP. After a round of 25 clays, I looked the tube and there was some carbon on the tube at those spots. CLP seemed to keep most of the carbon in suspension but there were the two spots with carbon build up.

I cleaned the tube with carb cleaner, and 000 steel wool, then put on two applications of NuFinish car wax. I've had great results with that product and it seems to keep stuff from sticking to my car paint. I figured it might prevent carbon from sticking.. Lubed the gun, and re-assembled. Will take it out in the next weeks and see if that helps.

Alternatively, there is "nano-carbon" treatments for car paint... that caught my attention.

Comments? Thoughts?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top