JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How often do you clean your dies?

Grime gets in there and can cause this.

usually a dirty die. what ive done is take the decapper out and put some 0000 around a drillbit or better yet a wooden dowel, chuck it up in the drill and buff the inside of the die. its unlikely that dirt/ debris is going to scratch carbide

How often do you clean your dies?
Regularly - and I cleaned it yesterday and still the striations.
I just pulled the decap stem and looked at it with lupe and the striations are in the carbide portion of the die.
I'll hit it with a brass brush to see if it is just heavy grime and see what happens.

Gremlins.

Die gremlins I tell ya.

Could have been bats ya know, we are in bay country.

Ok die scrubbed with a brass brush and about 80% of the lines are gone but I can see very small nicks & chips in the carbide portion.
This die is a 1977 vintage so it may be time for a new sizer!

WEll, additional scrubbing revealed something I have heard about but never experienced - the carbide inner sleeve is cracked!
Looks like a new die is in order but I'll call RCBS and see what they say.

WEll, additional scrubbing revealed something I have heard about but never experienced - the carbide inner sleeve is cracked!
Looks like a new die is in order but I'll call RCBS and see what they say.
1977. i can only imagine how many bazillion pieces of brass that ol boy has resized!!

I've had nothing but excellent customer service from RCBS. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if you have a new carbide sizer die provided free, under warranty from them headed your way soon.

are you making contact with the shell holder?
Just barely - which is how a Co-Ax is suppose to be adjusted. I understand about this issue with other presses (such as my Rock Chucker) where there is nothing to
Limit the pressure on the die if it makes contact with it.
With the Co-Ax if the die makes anything more than just slight contact with the shell holder there will be other problems as well but the ram is designed to stop so there is essentially no pressure on the die.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top