JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sweet guns. Brightwater sold 4 Caracal's in 4 days, so i'm thinking they may turn out to be pretty popular.

I've had both a F and C for going on 2 months and absolutely love both of them. The C is one of the nicest guns I have held or shot in quite a while, with it I out shoot all my Glock's and M&P's.

IMG_9748.jpg

I just picked up a Caracal C yesterday. Davidson's (www.galleryofguns.com - Buy guns online, top brands, best price, best service, best warranty; all types of guns: revolvers, rifles, pistols and shotguns.) has some of all models (C/F/with and without quick sights) in stock right now. Davidson's also has the F model is on sale through 05/27 with the cheapest delivered price here in Washington being right at $450 (price includes taxes and fees). I normally don't use them, but since this is a new pistol and my one experience with their lifetime replacement warranty when I got a lemon before was unbelievably easy (gun broke, sent me a new gun with no questions asked), I decided I couldn't go wrong using them this time. Ordered it Tuesday, picked it up Thursday.

I haven't shot it yet, but holy smokes is it a beautifully manufactured pistol. I have fairly small hands for a guy, but it fits me like a glove. Manufacturing seems to be of the highest quality with every surface inside and out finished exceptionally well with no tool marks, burrs, etc. Although admittedly I've only dry fired the pistol with a snap-cap, the trigger is very, very near if not equal to my friend's Walther PPQ I get to fire from time to time. I don't think you go wrong here. They'll sell a gazillion of these things once word gets out.

I hope to shoot it in a few days. I had neck surgery the day I ordered it and I can't even move, much less shoot right now. But I'm salivating just thinking about shooting the thing.

Could have held and bought a C or F at Brightwater Ventures in Vancouver. $440 for standard sights and $455 for QS, have sold a bunch and have more in stock.

I have both, the C is the best Caracal IMHO.

IMAG0790.jpg

Just a thought but.......Isn't it the UAE that has been in on a lot of the soaring gasoline prices around the world? Are they our good buddies? Now we want to support those kind of people buy buying GUNs from them??

I kinda feel like, if the UAEs teeth were on fire I wouldn't........
Put it out for them.

Mike

Re UAE and soaring gas prices, I think that you're getting UAE and OPEC confused.

OPEC (Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries) is the governing body that establishes the price per barrel and the amount of production for all its member nations. The current OPEC member countries are Algeria, Angola, Equador, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), and Venezuela. In short, OPEC is an umbrella administrative organization managing the production and pricing of oil in its member countries.

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a country that is essentially a federation of seven states, each ruled by an Emir. These are Abu Dhabi, Ajman, Dubai, Fujairah, Ras-alKaimah, Sharjah, and Umm al-Quwain.

So, the UAE is a member country in OPEC. It's also an Islamic country. But in terms of not supporting them with our gun purchases, let's look at it's role in the United States foreign policy and it's support of the U.S. in the ongoing military actions in the region. The UAE and the United States have a defense agreement in place dating back to the first Gulf War. When Saddam invaded Quwait, the UAE's members quickly realized they could be next. So, since that time our relationship with the UAE has become one of strongest ties we have to any country in the Middle East. In terms of what's going on right now in the world and in the previous ten years leading up to today, the UAE has provided us a great deal of support in our actions of overthrowing Saddam, waging war in post-Saddam Iraq and in Afghanistan, and enabling us to keep a combat-ready footprint on the ground and in the air at all times. The al Dhafra airbase near Abu Dhabi is where our aerial refueling assets (KC-10s), airborne control aircraft (E-3s), long range recon aircraft (U-2s), and long range recon drones (RQ-4 Global Hawk) are stationed. Without that air base that the UAE provides us, we would have a very, very tough time of telling what was happening on the ground in Afghanistan, being able to keep combat aircraft on patrol at all times to respond to an attack on ground forces, or track the host of bad guys we need to keep an eye on at all times.

Is it a perfect relationship? Of course not. More like a marriage of convenience. But they do enough for us that I don't have a problem buying something they produce. That's my personal opinion, though. Everyone else has an equal right to his or her opinion, whatever that may be.

Thanks for the education SS, I appreciate it. I put my foot in my mouth there.

I guess I feel like we've given so much to the "Middle East", billions of dollars in aid, and the lives of many hundreds of US Citizens, and got nothing in return other than the "Privelage" to buy oil that icreases in price on a whim.

Mike

I'm with you there. I work for Washington Coubty Mental Health and do contract work for Multnomah County Aging Services. I see how much so many people need and how much we parcel out to foreign aid for countries that turn around and stab us in the back. Pakistan, our supposed allies, just convicted the doctor who helped us find Osama bin Laden of treason for giving us the information that helped us find him. But we're still sending them money. But I retired after 21 years in mitary intel and know how valuable the basing privileges we have in the UAE are. Well worth the price in that particular instance, ergo my wy willingness to guy a gun they produce. Thanks for replying. I enjoy the discussion.

I strongly suspect that the Caracal may soon be determined to be the best all-around poly combat pistol on the market.

Here are reasons why I feel comfortable saying this:
1. Reviewers consistently compare the trigger to that of the PPQ, usually saying it is "almost as good", etc. Reference the MAC review on YouTube for one example. This would mean that it has one of the best out-of-the-box triggers out there.

2. Glock-esque focus on reliability through simplicity. Total number of parts, modular design, and engineering elements ripped directly from Bubits' days with Glock are all indications of this.

3. Low bore axis, and reduced slide profile & slide weight, minimize felt recoil. One of the common themes in reviews to this point has been how controlable the gun is, and how quick it is to get back on target. This gun will likely be one of the easier pistols to line up quick, accurate follow-up shots with.

4. The passing of NATO and German Police tests.

5. Easy, tool-free field stripping. I am a big fan of this.

6. I have seen at least two reviews where the gun has been submerged, and fired without a hitch when it came out of the water. In one of the videos, it was taken a step further... they fired it repeatedly underwater.

7. The sights are spaced about as far as they can be, from front to back. Combined with the trigger and grip angle, this should make the Caracal one of the easiest pistols out there to get accurate first-, or aimed shots with.

In summary: extremely easy to get accurate first shots, quick & accurate follow-up shots, and very likely to be one of the most consistent, reliable guns on the market. That is a winning recipe.

...provided that the reviews to this point have been unbiased, and accurate. I trust reviews from MAC (Military Arms Channel). I am inclined to believe that the test of time will support the suppositions above.

I agree. This isn't some fad design just to be different. It's well thought out. The internal surfaces are so smoothly milled they look polished. I just wish my neck would heal up so I can actually shoot the thing.

You are absolutly correct. I first thought this was another Glock-type pistol...but aparently the design is a little different and a bit more modular. Also, don't think of it as giving money to "some Arab country" as much as giving it to an independant company that moved to the UAE for cheaper parts and labor. One of the key designers of the Caracal is <broken link removed> , who designed the Steyr M9 pistol.

So expect a quality pistol at a decent price....

I, personally, was wondering when this gun was going to make it big in the United States and what the expected MSRP was. After a few more months I expect it to be just as much as your average Glock ($500-$550) so I'd hop on the this train before it takes off if you want a striker fired, double stacked polymer pistol for $450.

I agree the Caracal's could be the best striker fired weapons on the market. I own Glock's, M&P's, FNS-9 and have owned XD's in the past; and the Caracal C shoots better and feels better in the hand than all of the others.

Trainers are starting to switch over to them and their opinions sway a lot of gun owners, plus they now are sponsoring some competitive shooters.

If you have any doubt stop by Brightwater Ventures in Vancouver and hold one, if you want to shoot one The English Pit has one that can be rented or i'm always willing to let people shoot my guns if they provide the ammo.;)