JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
First, a group 78 is a side post battery-very very poor connection by design. You could do what I did to end my GM sidepost woes and cut the terminal ends off to put on regular top post cable ends. A group 34 has the same dimensions as a 78 but because it is not a sidepost it has more internal volume by design-meaning more cranking amps and capacity. My advice is dump GM's worst design flaw and upgrade to something else. What do I know? I only sold them for 17years!

Costco batteries are only 42 moth warranty (free replacement for the full 42 months though)

Ive noticed less of the interstate batteries coming back for warranty issues. Partially due to less than half the warranty period. (The old Kirkland batteries seem to come back between 5-7 years commonly)

Only real problem with costco is lack of fitment codes. Can't get one for my 96 cherokee (and most euros)

Nope Costco has been doing 100 month warranties for years. Every Costco branded or Interstate sold by costco has clearly labelled on top "100 Month Warranty" - I have not seen any 42 month Costco batteries. Part of my business is testing, jump starting and selling car batteries. I run into Costco batts almost daily. I even steer some of my customers their way if they are DIY types because Costco saves them a few bucks AND has 100 vs 72 month warranty.

Also - Honda sells their replacement OE batteries with 100 month warranties, and IIRC some Toyota OE replacements are getting the same.

They want your business and giving you a long warranty on cheap stuff like the battery gets more people back in the dealer svc departments vs third party shops. Hell - AAA started their battery svc program as a cost saving measure and member retentionthing as well. If you buy our battery theres a 90+% chance you renew your membership to ensure you get free labor on the battery if it needs replaced under warranty. Plus the member discount pricing.

Unless the costco near you is still selling Kirkland batteries, they aren't 100 month warranty anymore. I sell those and tires as my job at costco. Theyre 42 month free replacement at all the Costcos here. Labeled as interstate.

Unless the costco near you is still selling Kirkland batteries, they aren't 100 month warranty anymore. I sell those and tires as my job at costco. Theyre 42 month free replacement at all the Costcos here. Labeled as interstate.

100 month on every Interstate I have seen from them. That includes the prorata period like the Kirkland branded ones I assume. Kirklands had 36 month free replacement and 64 months prorated.

If you could drum up a picture of a 100 month warranty interstate from costco. That would be great. Like I said, I sell the things. I know most of the pricing and cca of each group size we sell. The only warranties we have are 12 month for marine batteries, and 42 month for automotive batteries.

The last of the 100 month batteries were sold probably a little over 3 years ago or so.

Will snap a pic of the next one I encounter in the wild.

My biggest complaint on Interstate batts is lack of date stickers so knowing how old they are without reciept or having install date punched out or written on the case gets frustrating. Could be the ones I am seeing are 3+ years old.

All the newer Deka/East Penn batts have date stickers on top with the born on date and rotate date. Most Exides I see lately have similar.

A foolproof battery tester.
When the relative air temperature drops, capacity falls off.
Yesterday, my Chev C1500 was a little bit slow to start. Time to replace the battery.
Same thing happend to our 2013 Tacoma. Perhaps I'm lazy, but I just head over to Schwab and get a new one. Never had a problem with their batteries.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top