JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think I would plow through the people, rather I would sit tight and wait for the police. If someone broke through a window, I would defend myself and continue waiting. If another came through a window, I would defend myself again.

Rather than wait for help or a molotov cocktail to come through the window to kill me I would drive away from the danger. I would give warning I was moving with short burst on the horn and have my cell phone with 911 dialed up recording that I did all I could to safely get away. The phone would record my fear and their actions. I would not try to speed. Just an easy roll so if anybody falls in front they could be pulled away.

If they did get run over I would ask that they be prosecuted for trying to kill me.o_O I will take my chances in a court of law rather than at the hands of an angry mob.

I carry a Fox Labs Mk 9 1-pound 5.3 pepper dispenser in the left-front beverage holder in my driver's door.

Plenty for everyone, even enough for 'seconds' if anyone needs more. Just like this.
fox.jpg

Here: Nummy-nums, rioters!

And for about $98 you can set up an always-on video recording system on your vehicle's mirror to record all audio and video without having to turn it on or think about it:

Black Box Recorder

hqdefault.jpg

Last Edited:
So what kind of (self) training should people do if they want to use pepper spray? Anything else to carry around in case of blow back?

Like the video recorder, should be standard equipment on all rigs. Do you carry a face shield to stop back splatter from pepper spray? I could just see me using that stuff and it blows back in my face causing me to go blind in the middle of a mob.:D

I learned the hard way, hold your breath when deploying and continue to count to 3 afterwards. I wear glasses which helps with blowback, but there's no time to put on that mask or shield equipment in my line (EP) of work, so we don't even carry it.

You're very right it is important to be aware of the wind, that's for sure. The Fox is incredible, even the evaporative mist is bad.

That little video black box has been just great, it's a nice backup when you're out of the car dealing with people and in my vehicle, it captures the speedometer. Records about 3 days' worth on a 32-gig SD card and then records over the old files.

Here's some DT Decon spray: http://www.chiefsupply.com/defense-...ml?green=F2777714-6EDE-5A1F-0328-3428C8DAD95C

I wouldn't use pepper spray in a vehicle.
I would wish I had my old cobra mustang and just flat spin until I through everyone away and made myself a nice smoke screen.

Really though if a mob was breaking my window it's life preservation time. Pedal down, handgun out for hangers. And drive straight to the police station and file charges against them.
All while on the phone with 911.

On a side note I worked at the airport doing security pre-TSA and our supv accidentally sprayed pepper spray at the security check point.
Cleared that room real quick.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads