Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Car oil

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by husker, Apr 19, 2010.

1. husker

husker portland Active Member

I was curios if anyone knows of a place in portland that takes used oil.
    When I lived in The dalles there was a guy that would take used oil and use it in his furnace. Was a win win for all.
    Is ther a place like this in portland or do I just take it to hazardous waste at the dump?

2. claypigeon

claypigeon Salem Member

The Schucks (they have a new name now but I can't remeber it) auto parts in Salem takes used oil for recycling. There may be a store close to you that does the same. I can also leave it at the curb when my recycle is being picked up by my garbage company. They require it be in a sealed container. I use milk jugs.

3. hendrixfan

hendrixfan Clackamas County Member

This is what I do as well.

4. GUNNY

GUNNY DAMASCUS OREGON Member

Jiffy lube, oil can henry's any oil change shop takes used oil, it must be in a clear jug.

5. TAT2D

TAT2D Portland Member

Tigard does curb-side recycling.

The flyer said to use clear jugs, but I just put it back into the bottles the fresh oil came out of. That way I can still recycle my milk jugs and don't have to trash the spent oil-qts.

MrB