JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of a demon I saw at a gun show a few years ago. It was grabber green and had a hybrid emblem on the back.

I grew up in a classic car family. That is why I love classic cars, my dad and mom have always owned Classic cars. Here is a list of cars they have owned. 1957 Chevy Belair, 1974 nova, 1977 ford f100, 1970 cutlass supreme, 1977 ford bronco, 1979 Ford F-350 super cab, 1971 Pontiac gto, 1971 Buick skylark and a few others. He currently has a 1971 Camaro.
The 1971 gto was my favorite, I remeber as a little boy riding around with my dad in it doing burn outs and everyone wanting to race it. That car got a ton of looks! I will try and post pics of some of these cars later.

My Dad and uncle ran a gas dragster in Southern CA in the early 60's, and I was exposed to it at a very young age. When we came to Oregon in 65, we made a group of friends, that we associated with. One of the older "younger" guys came back from Vietnam in one piece and bought himself a 1972 Dodge Charger with 440 six pac, and that bad azz Hurst handle shifter. At a picnic one day, somebody needed to go to the store in town, so he volunteered to go and me and a buddy went with him.

We hit the end of the road turning on to the Sunset Highway up by North Plains and he had that Charger sideways, smoking the wheel wells up, and doing about 120 as he slammed the gears. Now for a 12 year old boy, that was about as good as it got. Grabbing for the dash, pinned back in the set, I decided that day, I wanted to have a car like that and drive like that. He swore us to silence about it, and said we would do it again at the next picnic.

I still see that guy now and then and we always get back to that day. I did have some cars like that and I did drive like that, still do now and then.

Here are the pictures of the classic cars and trucks my dad has owned, if you want to know the specs on any of them just let me know. The Camaro is the only one he still owns

1977FordStepside0004_zps12c31f9e.jpg crewcab_zps8082bfce.jpg nova_zps58076561.jpg 57_zps449a77d2.jpg cutlass_zps95978357.jpg transam_zpsc58b7088.jpg gto_zps4dfbc538.jpg 1971BuickSkylark_zps4c44fc30.jpg Sky13_zps6ccad6d5.jpg Sky4_zps9e4cf131.jpg Sky3_zps13ee2a0b.jpg Sky1_zps352998f7.jpg IMG_3252_zpsf625d49a.jpg IMG_3696_zpseb0300de.jpg IMG_3250_zpsa6a3b37a.jpg IMG_3239_zps86060462.jpg IMG_3241_zps2fd57bf6.jpg IMG_3244_zps15b13750.jpg IMG_3245_zps03e0fdfa.jpg IMG_3248_zpscb4f9f42.jpg

My Dad and uncle ran a gas dragster in Southern CA in the early 60's, and I was exposed to it at a very young age. When we came to Oregon in 65, we made a group of friends, that we associated with. One of the older "younger" guys came back from Vietnam in one piece and bought himself a 1972 Dodge Charger with 440 six pac, and that bad azz Hurst handle shifter. At a picnic one day, somebody needed to go to the store in town, so he volunteered to go and me and a buddy went with him.

We hit the end of the road turning on to the Sunset Highway up by North Plains and he had that Charger sideways, smoking the wheel wells up, and doing about 120 as he slammed the gears. Now for a 12 year old boy, that was about as good as it got. Grabbing for the dash, pinned back in the set, I decided that day, I wanted to have a car like that and drive like that. He swore us to silence about it, and said we would do it again at the next picnic.

I still see that guy now and then and we always get back to that day. I did have some cars like that and I did drive like that, still do now and then.
Yea, sworn to silence cause all at the picnic didn't hear the roar of that 440 or the tires squealing,lo
Or y'alls smiling from ear to ear wouldn't give it away,lol
Nice bronco btw

OMG Windsor. I had a 1940 DODGE 5 window Business coupe that when I bought it is was the same color as your Chrysler. 218 L6 3 spd One of the few cars I really regret selling. Especially since it sat in a guys driveway for at least 8 years rotting away. I tried 3 times to buy it from him (he bought it from the guy I sold it to who took it apart) I drove the car almost daily for 2 years. But I was a stupid kid (under 21) and let it go. Back then the street rod guys would make me park off in the corner at rod runs because it wasn't a Ford or Chevy. Times have sure changed now LOL

My current project is my 1948 CJ-2A Willys that's been in the family since 1962. Its time for a complete rebuild and upgrading. SO right now its a pile of parts with the frame on saw horses. But I am throwing money at it at an alarming rate hoping to keep at it all winter.

OH I also have a 1966 Malibu that's a stalled project hoping to sell that one of these days.

OMG Windsor. I had a 1940 DODGE 5 window Business coupe that when I bought it is was the same color as your Chrysler. 218 L6 3 spd One of the few cars I really regret selling. Especially since it sat in a guys driveway for at least 8 years rotting away. I tried 3 times to buy it from him (he bought it from the guy I sold it to who took it apart) I drove the car almost daily for 2 years. But I was a stupid kid (under 21) and let it go. Back then the street rod guys would make me park off in the corner at rod runs because it wasn't a Ford or Chevy. Times have sure changed now LOL

My current project is my 1948 CJ-2A Willys that's been in the family since 1962. Its time for a complete rebuild and upgrading. SO right now its a pile of parts with the frame on saw horses. But I am throwing money at it at an alarming rate hoping to keep at it all winter.

OH I also have a 1966 Malibu that's a stalled project hoping to sell that one of these days.

It had the original L6/3spd with overdrive when I got it. Motor blew on me down in AZ and popped a hole in the block. Cheaper to put a big block in it than it would have cost to fix the original or get another L6 and rebuild it.
You definitely see more Chevy and Ford cars than you do Mopar. And unfortunately, lots of the old Mopars have a SBC swap.
One day, I'd love to get ahold of a Willys. I've been wanting to build one with a turbo diesel. Saw one on a trail in NC when I had to go and recovers new Wranger that belonged to a guy that lived in my barracks.

Scouts > Broncos.
Scouts are awesome. I use to have a Traveler. 345 V8, Auto, 4x4. It was factory baby blue with a rainbow down the side when I got it. Took me a day to strip the body down and a weekend to paint it camo inside and out. I sold it for 500 more than I paid for it. That thing was awesome compared to my Bronco. But, my Bronco was straight piped and shot 6 foot flames out the pipes if you floored it and then let off the throttle.

Just got these in the mail. Inline thermostats for my 40.
therm housings.JPG

I still consider myself a car guy even if I haven't rebuilt one in the last few years. I still go to most local car shows as well as visits to Pebble Beach and Scottsdale just to see the variety.
My daily driver, still puts a smile on my face every time I fire her up :) At Indy back in 2008

100_3494.JPG

My first Mustang. 1987LX fun driver and did a few shows with it. Pretty much stock.

Sold that and bought the beast. 331 DArt block 76mm turbo ran 10.3@132 in Woodburn last year.

Traded that for this 1997 Cobra has a F1A Procharger and sounds mean as hell. Not nearly as fast as the black car but much more driveable on the street.

And gotta have a trail rig right?

Mustang7-10_zps7ac0d664.jpg champion3_zpsdc23b0c1.png cobra1_zps1042bde0.jpg 2011-06-08074729_Portland_Oregon_US_zpsa1b01983.jpg

I like the black one. Black out the windows, and it would be spot on.
Your comment about everyone needing a trail rig reminded me of a joke me and a buddy had about our trail rigs in the desert. We would joke about the tracks we took and how we wanted to "borrow" a Hilux from the ANA to wheel them.

image.jpg

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews