JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I work in a place where I cannot carry (legally, yes, but the company can dismiss me). I've got a mustang and I'm trying to figure out how to store a firearm in my vehicle and be easily accessible should I need it.

So far, the best solution I've come up with is a small lockbox (parking lot is under surveillance, so relatively secure) and just put it on my hip when I leave work. I carry at about the 3 or 4 O'clock, so not easy to get to if I find myself in a car jacking or the like.

Anyone else have any good storage suggestions for a small vehicle?

Do you have a center console with flip lid? Perhaps mount a car safe in the center console so the safe itself is concealed, but offers relatively speedy access if you need it. A holster that allows for quick but secure on-off, using snap loops would offer an easy way to arm up when you need and disarm when you need.

If your body type allows, you might want to give appendix carry a try too - much easier access with both hands to the weapon in every position, especially good in a car or seated position.

Do you have a center console with flip lid? Perhaps mount a car safe in the center console so the safe itself is concealed, but offers relatively speedy access if you need it. A holster that allows for quick but secure on-off, using snap loops would offer an easy way to arm up when you need and disarm when you need.

If your body type allows, you might want to give appendix carry a try too - much easier access with both hands to the weapon in every position, especially good in a car or seated position.

The center console is about the size of one of those tiny hello kitty purses that teen girls carry around.

You bring up a good point about the holster. I've got an N82, which may not be the right solution.

I don't think appendix carry will work for me unless I'm standing, or I get myself back to my fighting weight.

The center console is about the size of one of those tiny hello kitty purses that teen girls carry around.

You bring up a good point about the holster. I've got an N82, which may not be the right solution.

I don't think appendix carry will work for me unless I'm standing, or I get myself back to my fighting weight.

You'd be surprised - with the right appendix holster even a big guy can do it. I'm 6'4" and 270 lbs, 44 inch waist. I switched up to appendix from 4 0'clock carry over a year ago and the only time I carry on my side anymore is open carry while fishing, using an OWB belt holster.

You'd be surprised - with the right appendix holster even a big guy can do it. I'm 6'4" and 270 lbs, 44 inch waist. I switched up to appendix from 4 0'clock carry over a year ago and the only time I carry on my side anymore is open carry while fishing, using an OWB belt holster.

the INCOG is the only one I've looked at so far. I usually have an XDS or G19 with me. What do you like?

I actually press my own kydex gear. I alternate between dual and single point attachment holsters - i prefer a dual point style. When i get home in a bit I will get some current pix of my carry gear and how I wear it.

For a factory option, the Incog would be good for single or dual attachments, and a Phlster Access or Skeketon For single attachment point.

Whats your carry gun?

I actually press my own kydex gear. I alternate between dual and single point attachment holsters - i prefer a dual point style. When i get home in a bit I will get some current pix of my carry gear and how I wear it.

For a factory option, the Incog would be good for single or dual attachments, and a Phlster Access or Skeketon For single attachment point.

Whats your carry gun?
the INCOG is the only one I've looked at so far. I usually have an XDS or G19 with me. What do you like?

Alrighty, so I got my wife to shoot some new pix this afternoon. Excuse the disorderly mess around me - I've got a 3 year old who thought it was a good idea to yard out his toy collection this morning.

Guns I carry:

M&P 9 full size 4.25" and M&P 9 compact 3.5" and spare mag is a full size 17 rounder.

lbLcrmS.jpg

2Z1xR3J.jpg

p650bEl.jpg

Q2w8KjM.jpg

95W21py.jpg

WwI7i5P.jpg

Until a couple weeks ago I was toting my spare mag in a pocket carrier with belt lanyard - I've since been testing out this IWB design inspired by Phlster (PhillyEDC on YouTube). My IWB holsters are using Raven Concealment injection molded polymer struts to mount rubber snap loops. I use injection molded belt loops on my OWB holsters.

I prefer carrying the gray, dual attachment point holster as it locks the gun into place better and I don't have to adjust the gun during the course of the day. The single point attachment allows you to adjust the angle of carry, canting the butt forward or backward for comfort, however I find myself needing to give the gun a nudge this way or that depending on if I"m sitting, standing, bending, etc - which I'm constantly doing throughout my work day. I much prefer the straight drop of the gray holster, and prefer not needing to do those minor corrections. The twin attachments also, to me, seem to pull the gun in tighter to my body.

The single point attachment on the mag carrier is nice because I DO find myself adjusting the mag carrier for comfort depending on sitting vs standing positions. I'm going to build out a double point version of this too to see if it is more comfortable throughout the day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top