JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Friday my car was broken into near 82nd & Fremont st.

They got my GPS of course, an expensive snow jacket, tire chains, a folding chair along with my registration and roadside assistance kit I keep in my glove compartment.

Cost 350 for the broken window, out 500 for the stolen items.

My comp. deduction was 500. Along with 500 deduction on my renters insurance.

So I get to pay out of pocket - damn thieves.

Just a general comment for all. I know we all carry our registration in our glove boxes but with the way thieves act these days might be a good time to change that practice.......

Keeping it on you say in a brief case or similar. Maybe hiding it in an envelope or something and tucking it under the seat or somewhere less obvious then the glove box.

I know in the long run you have a fairly low chance of something happening but if there are simple things you can do to reduce that risk more especially if there is no cost.......

People on here have been installing "safes" in their cars for their guns, put it in there.

Now you need to install a rabid pit bull with aids. I bet they only got enough money for a half-teen of dope at the most with you stolen stuff. Meth sucks much.

Hmmmm, Nwcid been thinking about the idea of anywhere other than the glove box. Problem I see is that if a cop sees you reaching anywhere other than the glovebox they're just going to ventilate you and let the coroner sort it out. Putting it in a location other than what is established norm could piss off Comrade Fife of the People's Militarized Policing Ministry, and when the police get pissed off, people and dogs die.

I parked at the same intersection once and stupidly left my accordion out on the back seat in plain sight. Came back to a broken window 20 minutes later and some lowlife had put another one in there with it.

My cousin had 4 or 5 stereos stolen out of his car in a year - he proceeded to superglue a grid of razorblades together on the back of the next stereo he put in. He came out a few weeks later to find the window broken and A.....Hole written on his car in the attempted thief's blood - but the stereo was still in the car and there was a DNA sample provided voluntarily by the lowlife :s0155:

I parked at the same intersection once and stupidly left my accordion out on the back seat in plain sight. Came back to a broken window 20 minutes later and some lowlife had put another one in there with it.

Same location, same thing happened with my bagpipes.

Reminds me of a street artist I saw once in SF playing the bagpipes. His sign read, "Will stop playing for tips."

Sorry to hear about this. Just went through this a couple weeks ago myself. Worst part for me was that is was pouring down rain and I had my twins with me. So had to have them hang out in the rain while I get all the glass out of their seats.
Seems to be happening a lot! I know personally about 7 other people in the last couple months that has gone through this.
Sheriff Dept. told me that this is a daily call now for them.
Insurance company claimed this type of claim is shooting up at rapid rate.

Best of luck to you!

Back in October, some lowlife smashed my window. The only thing visible was my cell phone charger. The scumbag did not open my trunk thankfully, as all of my tools were in there. My phone charger, cheap power inverter were taken as well as my (locked & empty) gun vault. Total cost of repair and items stolen was less than my deductible.

I hate thieves.

My car is now totaled from being rearended by another jackwagon earlier this month, and his insurance is taking their sweet *** time paying me for the car. This feels more like being robbed than the break in did.

Moral of the story: It's not a matter of "if", but "when" your car will be broken into. Lowlifes are everywhere, lots of them voted this year too. Generation of "gimme's" and "takers".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top