JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
And now, someone set the mosque the teen was associated to on fire.

Link

Some are speculating that it's an inside job, intended to destroy evidence of others linked to the plot.

some also believe (which most likely is the truth) that this was a retaliation.

http://www.ajc.com/news/nation-world/fire-set-at-mosque-755899.html said:
"We know how it is, we know some people due to ignorance are going to perceive of these things and hold most Muslims accountable,"

... as i've seen on this forum:

I was at the tree lighting with my family last night. This type of thing is actually very common in our great blue state. The biggest problem is main stream society refuses to beleive that Islam is fundementally a violent and opressive religion and until we all wake up this cancer is only going to spread.

Edited as factual with evidence

"As news spread of Mohamud's alleged plan to detonate a bomb during Portland's annual Christmas tree lighting ceremony at Pioneer Courthouse Square, it sent shock waves throughout Portland's Somali community. Many, like Ali, asked themselves how a teenager from a well-known and progressive family could have chosen such a dark path."

"Several at the grocery store said Mohamud was quiet and mostly stayed to himself. Store owner Omar Hashi said he remembers when the teenager was a small boy. Ali said Mohamud's father is heavily involved in the community and his mother does not wear a hijab, which signifies the family's modern lifestyle."

Because the community is now disavowing his actions and distancing themselves from him is irrelevant to the fact that he was as I stated "among their ranks".

You really don't comprehend what I'm saying?

And again I've shown you mine and even quantified it but still you've not shown yours.

Now i get what you're trying to say. Its just that the evidence contradicts your assumptions. You see, it states right there that the family he came from was progressive. In another part of the article it also states that the Somali community came to the US to remove themselves from these types of people. Mohamud's actions weren't in line with "the party's" ideals. So then he wasnt a part of it.

I didn't know we were playing this game. :s0114::s0114::s0114: I told you i heard it on 1190. Do you want me to call the station and request a digital copy of their transmissions from last night/early this morning?

Now i get what you're trying to say. Its just that the evidence contradicts your assumptions. You see, it states right there that the family he came from was progressive. In another part of the article it also states that the Somali community came to the US to remove themselves from these types of people. Mohamud's actions weren't in line with "the party's" ideals. So then he wasnt a part of it.

I didn't know we were playing this game. :s0114::s0114::s0114: I told you i heard it on 1190. Do you want me to call the station and request a digital copy of their transmissions from last night/early this morning?

Well you made a statement and I'm asking you to back it up, I've often seen you ask the same thing of other members but frankly I've more often seen you brush off the same requests of you from others.

I'm sorry but with the way the media likes to mimic the same thing on every outlet we would have seen this 1190 statement elsewhere so I'm going to call your source a huge fail until such time as you can show some proof that doesn't involve your own personal hearsay.

On the other hand I gave exactly what you asked of me and even quantified it but still you chose not to accept it.

I used proof to back up my words and call your bluff, you're still bluffing. ;)

KR don't PM me about this I don't want to discuss this on the side so I deleted your PM.

you want to discuss it here? ok.

KR you're just trying to pick a fight.

lol. No man, i'm not. I'm just being facetious because it really irks me when you target me and my views or say that i am bashing on a member, when clearly i am not bashing. I still dont see how me saying "that the following statement is directed to the people who were bashing islam", is bashing a member. I mean, yeah, it may go against your unrelenting and fear-inspired hate for muslims, sure, i'll give you that, but it doesnt fall under member bashing. And now, you are blatantly deleting posts that are on topic but go against your belief system. Bu then you go posting about your avatar pic, and leave up posts about hot cops... totally unrelated to the topic. You're a hypocrite, sir. You, and those like you, give every American a bad name.

Well you made a statement and I'm asking you to back it up, I've often seen you ask the same thing of other members but frankly I've more often seen you brush off the same requests of you from others.

I'm sorry but with the way the media likes to mimic the same thing on every outlet we would have seen this 1190 statement elsewhere so I'm going to call your source a huge fail until such time as you can show some proof that doesn't involve your own personal hearsay.

On the other hand I gave exactly what you asked of me and even quantified it but still you chose not to accept it.

I used proof to back up my words and call your bluff, you're still bluffing. ;)

<broken link removed>

you want to discuss it here? ok.

lol. No man, i'm not. I'm just being facetious because it really irks me when you target me and my views or say that i am bashing on a member, when clearly i am not bashing. I still dont see how me saying "that the following statement is directed to the people who were bashing islam", is bashing a member. I mean, yeah, it may go against your unrelenting and fear-inspired hate for muslims, sure, i'll give you that, but it doesnt fall under member bashing. And now, you are blatantly deleting posts that are on topic but go against your belief system. Bu then you go posting about your avatar pic, and leave up posts about hot cops... totally unrelated to the topic. You're a hypocrite, sir. You, and those like you, give every American a bad name.

Where do you see that I hate Muslims?

I may or may not be a hypocrite, racist, homophobic or whatever you wish to label me but I'm not any more or less that you or anyone else on this board is regardless of their political slant, race, religion, color of origin or sexual preference. :s0155:

OK you've had you say on that topic, now make sure the rest of your posts in this thread are on topic. :s0155:

Trlsmn,
Do you think it is time you close this thread permanently yet?? You erased several of my comments along with others for no foreseeable reason! You have now engaged in what you have told others would not be tolerated yet nothing has changed??!! You said to stay on topic and now you yourself have engaged in a back and forth with other members!
We have to watch this crap get turned over and over on the news, and now here??
No offense but do your Job as a moderator, close the thread and don't "reopen" it again for the sanity of Northwestfirearms!

OK, so now just as you've asked of me and I provided my proof, please quantify what you're using from this article to show that, as you stated, it was a Muslim that turned him in, so I know where you are coming from without having to guess what part of the article your proof is.

See my above comment!

Yes tacticalinsertion7923 you are 100&#37; correct, and there is no possible way to have this thread stay on track, my sincere apologies!

This is a good example of why we just stick to the second amendment politics.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads