JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last Edited:
Colt Model 1908 hammerless semi-automatic cal .380 pistol. Serial number 77036. Blue finish and smooth wood grips. brought 242,000

Colt Model 1911 semi-automatic pistol. Partial serial number C 837. Cal .45 refinished at the time of engraving. brought 1,040,600

DAMNNNNNNNNNNN!

.45 ACP moves like it has syphilis and I guess it kills like it too.

I attempted to buy John Waynes Colt SAA that was auctioned recently. The colt was estimated to sell between 20 to 40k. The Colt sold with auction fees over 500k. Needless to say I was not the winning bidder.

I wonder how much Billy D Williams Colt45 would sell for?

If anyone gets that on here I'll give ya a high five
Who doesn't get it? Should just slap 'em.

Large Colt 45 Beer Billy Dee Williams & Girl Refrigerator / Tool Box Magnet  | eBay

John Wayne's SAA sells for only 500k and Capones 1911 sells for over a million?

People have their priorities screwed up.

IIRC.....John Wayne's "COLT SAA" was actually a Great Western. Well actually, he had more than just one.

Taken from......

This is the one I was referring to (yeah....I'd like it....as if I could afford it).
Ironically, in John Wayne's last motion picture, The Shootist, he didn't use Colts but rather a pair of presentation-grade replica revolvers. Spitting images of Colt SAA revolvers, the replicas were specially hand engraved by Carl E. Kourts of Long Beach, California, and given to the Duke by the Great Western Arms Company many years before Wayne starred in The Shootist. The Duke had always wanted to use these guns in a film, Michael Wayne told me, but he never portrayed the type of character that would have used such exquisite revolvers … that is, not until he decided to star in The Shootist.
9.jpg.webp

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I was surprised to the adjustable rear, I didn't think it was a thing back the the day.
The pistol was refinished, too bad they didn't keep it original.

"The entire slide features beautiful engraving down its length. They refinished the pistol at the time of engraving."

"They" should have left it alone.

The Colt sold with auction fees over 500k.
I was unaware of this and looked it up! $517,000 to exact! His Mod 92 went for $88,500 earlier this year as well.

I was reading about it and he gave the Colt & holster to one of his employees of the Duke Energy CO. in 1978. Good story about it below:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top