JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do blue lives really matter to people here? If you're against this maniac who killed an officer and injured another (I am), then you should be against the people on January 6th who killed an officer and injured 120 other officers (I am).

Capitol Police, local police, Oregon State Police, County Sheriffs, military police, FBI, border patrol...they are all blue lives. They are all police. Some people here seem to think their own rural county Sheriffs are great, while OSP are the Governor's thugs, the FBI is corrupt, but border patrol is a-ok...and I just shake my head because the individuals in each agency took an oath and they are all good police who uphold the law and don't change their opinion based on politics.
All lives matter. But to correct your statement, nobody killed an officer on Jan 6. He died of undetermined causes after being exposed to bear spray earlier in the day. Two people have been charged for that assault and will be tried. If guilty I hope they get severely punished. And while we are at it, let's mete out the same punishment to anyone else who assaults the police or innocent bystanders with bear spray, paint, lasers, or explosives. Are you listening Mr. Wheeler?

As to the various police organizations, yes, some of them are more on the side of the public than others. OSP and the FBI assassinated a protester by the side of the road at the command of Kate Brown. Several local sheriffs stand up for the rights of their constituents. If the FBI's handling of the Clintons and the Russia investigation, the FISA court perjury, etc. don't make them corrupt I don't know what more they could possibly do to qualify. And no, they are not all good police. Andrew McCabe and James Comey are not good cops. They were both fired arguably for lying under oath.

The world would be all unicorns and rainbows if we could simply say that all cops are good, all public servants have only the public good at heart, and the FBI never lies. However, it's been pretty well proven that that's not the case.

Now , if you break it down....
All lives matter means exactly the same thing as no lives matter. Just think about it, and don't let emotions in.
Sorry, no. Not logically true. Lives matter or they don't. There's a difference. Some lives don't have to matter more than others in order for lives to matter. Try again.

What, then, makes blue lives matter?

As this is more what I was responding to .
And please understand that this is not a troll attempt. I promise.
"XXXXX lives matter" is a commentary on the perception that some lives don't matter. In the case of police, it's a reaction to the idea that life threatening danger is part of the job, which is a valid perception. Police officers who don't expect to be put in mortal danger from time to time are not dealing with reality. Still, "Blue lives matter" is a good admonition for those who become insensitive to the fact that the police do put their lives on the line as part of their job.

"XXXXX lives matter" is a commentary on the perception that some lives don't matter. In the case of police, it's a reaction to the idea that life threatening danger is part of the job, which is a valid perception. Police officers who don't expect to be put in mortal danger from time to time are not dealing with reality. Still, "Blue lives matter" is a good admonition for those who become insensitive to the fact that the police do put their lives on the line as part of their job.
I appreciate your point of view. Seems rational and sober. I just see the use of bumper sticker size phrases as a great way to lose debates with the other side. A group well populated with artists, writers, and other creative types are going to be hard to get the better of playing clever games.

We could be smarter about our arguments. I mean, just because Mike Tyson keeps inviting you to go rounds doesn't mean you have to get in the ring. How bout a spelling contest once in a while??

742f1cd2-9998-4a4a-a330-e133b1a76643.__CR0,0,958,958_PT0_SX300_V1___.jpg
I like your style brother.

I understand the sentiments going back and forth in this thread, I think we all might be sharing our perception, but ultimately saying very similar things. Personally I never appeciated the hashtag virtue signaling of which/whose life matters because the narratives peddled by the media are so off base of what is actually afflicting communities. For example, when a march is only planned when a cop of a particular color shoots and kills a perp of a particular color, but nothing is done to address/stem the epidemic of violence that a community does to itself at a multiples times significantly higher rate, (lets not even go into the millions of babies whose life appear to not matter) then we know this is a optics propaganda war and nothing to do with anything of meaningful value.

Oh boy, the politicians in power are really sitting on a diverse powder keg now!
Black people assaulting Asians....inconvenient. Asians are now getting loud.
Black people attacking DC, killing their protectors and their UBER Eats drivers.
White people causing "insurrection".
The Chauvin trial underway, and no matter how it goes, you can bet there will be mayhem at the trial's conclusion.

What's next? The normies stop paying their taxes??
Oooh, I kind of like the sound of that!
Do you wanna bet that this story dies quick if attacker was in fact black and a nation of islam supporter. Antifa should be out there shortly if they just killed a black man.

Edit:
Try to find the story now on Fake News Central (CNN).

Do blue lives really matter to people here? If you're against this maniac who killed an officer and injured another (I am), then you should be against the people on January 6th who killed an officer and injured 120 other officers (I am).

Capitol Police, local police, Oregon State Police, County Sheriffs, military police, FBI, border patrol...they are all blue lives. They are all police. Some people here seem to think their own rural county Sheriffs are great, while OSP are the Governor's thugs, the FBI is corrupt, but border patrol is a-ok...and I just shake my head because the individuals in each agency took an oath and they are all good police who uphold the law and don't change their opinion based on politics.

I for one would be against anyone who killed a LEO in the line of duty.

However Officer Brian Sicknick's cause of death and autopsy have not been released by the FBI.

Another officer committed suicide. I feel for both of their families and for Ashli Babbitt's family too. I feel the this latest slain officer's family. Just as I do for any LEO'S family that is KIA.

But I don't believe the badge confers perfection either. After the last 5 years my respect for the integrity of the FBI as a whole is greatly diminished.

The reason most of us respect local LEOs is they are a part of our community and are vested there.

Last Edited:
I appreciate your point of view. Seems rational and sober. I just see the use of bumper sticker size phrases as a great way to lose debates with the other side. A group well populated with artists, writers, and other creative types are going to be hard to get the better of playing clever games.

We could be smarter about our arguments. I mean, just because Mike Tyson keeps inviting you to go rounds doesn't mean you have to get in the ring. How bout a spelling contest once in a while??
Don't buy into the narrative. "Our side" also is "populated with artists, writers, and other creative types". The other side tells themselves that we are not in order to reinforce their courage and prop themselves up. They constantly congratulate each other on how smart and capable they are while they miss the most basic concepts and fail to understand how the world actually works. For example, anyone who thinks Christians are ignorant and incapable of logic try reading some C.S. Lewis.

Yes, we have a percentage on the conservative side who don't get beyond the logic and arguments on bumper stickers, but the same is true on their side...

watters.jpg

Don't buy into the narrative. "Our side" also is "populated with artists, writers, and other creative types". The other side tells themselves that we are not in order to reinforce their courage and prop themselves up. They constantly congratulate each other on how smart and capable they are while they miss the most basic concepts and fail to understand how the world actually works. For example, anyone who thinks Christians are ignorant and incapable of logic try reading some C.S. Lewis.

Yes, we have a percentage on the conservative side who don't get beyond the logic and arguments on bumper stickers, but the same is true on their side...

View attachment 854188
I want to agree with you, but rudyard Kipling has been dead for over a century. And while intelligent and creative people are strewn throughout many different groups of differing opinions, the polished professionals are pooled up in one obvious place.

Was that triple alliteration? Not quite quadruple.

I want to agree with you, but rudyard Kipling has been dead for over a century. And while intelligent and creative people are strewn throughout many different groups of differing opinions, the polished professionals are pooled up in one obvious place.

Was that triple alliteration? Not quite quadruple.
The polished professionals are ADVERTISED in one obvious place.

Colion Noir is an attorney. Francis Collins is a doctor and a leading genetic researcher. What I see on the Liberal side is a bunch of ignoramuses congratulating each other on being the smartest people in the room when they haven't a clue. Joy Behar, Oprah Winfrey, and AOC are what passes for wisdom in those circles.

Last Edited:

BKRoger86 - Welcome to NWFA !

To All - I think the point of this post deals with a nut job trying to get in to our capital and killing anyone in his way.
Also how the media will dish out their spin to blame it on the right or Trump, not who's good/bad cop or who's matters or option of.
What really matters, IMHO, it to wake up the sheeple/snowflakes to what's really going on!
What can I do to try to help save our country? I can't start a civil war. Sitting around typing on this computer won't help either.
Talking to friends/family that are not plug in (with blinders on) and let them see both sides of what's going on and let them decide what is the truth is how I can maybe help win our country back!
If I can just open up one person's eye/mind per month or year, that's a win for me!
Unfortunately, not all are willing to talk about it.

The polished professionals are ADVERTISED in one obvious place.

Colion Noir is an attorney. Francis Collins is a doctor and a leading genetic researcher. What I see on the Liberal side is a bunch of ignoramuses congratulating each other on being the smartest people in the room when they haven't a clue. Joy Behar, Oprah Winfrey, and AOC are passes for wisdom in those circles.
Preaching to the choir. I'm not really referring to true intellectuals, more to the charismatic and clever. The ones smart enough to pull a crowd and persuasive enough to steer them around like the pied piper.

Wait, how did he do this evil act of violence without a gun? Condolences to the families.
Semi-necro thread, but as to how this was dunn without a gunn...
The car was firing on all four cylinders.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top