JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I found the pit by Olympia, per directions given in this forum. I was the only one there last Monday afternoon, for my first session with a new Ruger 22/45 Mark III. Awesome gun, and awesome place. It was really clean, and I left it even cleaner. Will be glad to attend the next work party there.
Question: Any problem if I bring and then leave a simple structure for hanging targets (cans, phone books, scrap wood, etc...) from??
Mo

I found the pit by Olympia, per directions given in this forum. I was the only one there last Monday afternoon, for my first session with a new Ruger 22/45 Mark III. Awesome gun, and awesome place. It was really clean, and I left it even cleaner. Will be glad to attend the next work party there.
Question: Any problem if I bring and then leave a simple structure for hanging targets (cans, phone books, scrap wood, etc...) from??
Mo

I would leave it like you found it. Any target stands brought in would probably be used for target practice (ie, shot up and turned in to garbage) in no time.

Thats like asking if its alright to take an old washing machine in for target practice, then leave it for others to use. This is why places keep getting shut down.

I grew up in Olympia, and its one of the only sanctioned shooting sites in the area. Its important to keep things picked up. The gate was installed to prevent people from dumping cars and larger items, since thats what it had become, a dump. I assisted in the clean up efforts a while back, and have to say, its amazing what gets left behind.

If you haul it in, haul it out - plus some. Its the only way sites will stay open to shooters! :s0155:

If you are comfortable with a GPS (or Google Earth) these are the coordinates for the Triangle Pit in Capitol Forest:

Lat - 46d-56'-37.09" N
Long - 123d-04'-18.81" W

Is this the pit down off of Wadell Creek Rd? A friend and I found it the other day (we were across the street camping, and he said there was supposed to be an outdoor shooting area near by)... lo-and behold, there were a bunch of people out there having fun. We checked it out, hung out for a few, BSed with some folk, and filed it away mentally for later. Looked like a good spot, and fun to boot.

This place used to be disgusting. People have really cleaned up the area though. There's also a guy that that picks up brass for reloading that does a good job of keeping it clean, but he can be kind of controlling and aggressive. It *almost* defeats the purpose of getting to an area without a range officer. Anyway, really friendly people there quite often. I've had the pleasure of shooting many firearms I wouldn't have otherwise thanks to the graciousness of some shooters there.

Some buddies and I were lucky enough to score a sweet piece of property right off of black lake in a valley to setup a range and a few run and gun courses. We should be done building and setting everything up within a month or two.

greetings, down the road farther near the little rock wa. side of capital forrest (over the hill from oakville as the crow flies) there are several good places to shoot that are "plinking" friendly never any problems. just the usual privacy issue on weekends. actually you can get a map of the forrest through the dnr or the local country stores in the area of the forrest and re-discover the whole area. evergreen and capital gun clubs are also in little rock wa.

This place used to be disgusting. People have really cleaned up the area though. There's also a guy that that picks up brass for reloading that does a good job of keeping it clean, but he can be kind of controlling and aggressive. It *almost* defeats the purpose of getting to an area without a range officer. Anyway, really friendly people there quite often. I've had the pleasure of shooting many firearms I wouldn't have otherwise thanks to the graciousness of some shooters there.

Some buddies and I were lucky enough to score a sweet piece of property right off of black lake in a valley to setup a range and a few run and gun courses. We should be done building and setting everything up within a month or two.

I know you posted a while back, but get in touch with me if you see this, I am a former active duty Marine grunt and I would love to come out and do some training with you guys. Send me an email [email protected]

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top