JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They should have invested in a desalination plant.

This right here. They're surrounded on 3 sides by water. If they knew this was coming, that would have been a great way to help stave off such a desperate situation. I know desalination is expensive and consumes a lot of energy, meaning it's not the best way to get clean water, but if it's all you have, why not put the effort in for it? When the need drops, mothball the plants until their needed again.

CA could do the same thing, but they won't.

Why should California desalinate when it will be so easy to hijack the Columbia river!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Sheldon

Why not? They already get the electricity generated at the BPA facility in The Dalles. Unless something has changed, 100% of the power generated at that plant is sent 900 miles to the south.

I for one am having a difficult time understanding the level of incompetents within the South African Government in general and within the City Government of Johannesburg in particular. They HAD to have seen this coming for YEARS! . Also just how safe is the bottled water?

Respectfully.

Informal Settlements Still Ran Water Day and Night
The taps in the informal settlements still ran day and night. The local government was too scared of the mass protests that would follow if they shut this supply down, so only the paying, law-abiding citizens had their water rations cut even more.

Gee.... anyone reading that article who is an ACTUAL taxpayer see any applicable parallels here on any given "social entitlement" program? :rolleyes:

America Faces Similar Influx of Unemployed People
This is a true reflection of the situation in Cape Town over the past few years. It may not be "politically correct", as we are supposed to welcome all of the previously disadvantaged people into our areas and provide them with services and housing, even when they do not pay for them and do not buy into the saving plans that are put into place. America faces a similar influx of unemployed people. Your humanity will force you to share your resources with them to the detriment of your own people. May God keep the rains falling and keep you all safe.

You "progressive" minded people lurking around here ought to heed this warning from a land already in the throes of where we're heading towards at an ever faster pace.....

o_O

39204B7A-4AAA-4387-A33A-E99D5E31FC34.jpeg

Wrong. 6.07 gallons a day per person. We usually advocate drinking a mimimum of 1 gallon a day, so that leaves 5 gallons for washing/food prep/waste management

Lilhigbee responded but I'll flesh that thought out. I was referring to the article where they noted that due to drought: "...officials have introduced strict measures to limit the consumption of available water, including capping usage at 87 litres per person per day." 87 liters is 23 gallons...a day.

Which tells me that if they are allowing folks 23 gallons a day, they aren't really in trouble, or they aren't really serious about dealing with the issue. Perhaps both. Perhaps there is other info not provided. If they are about to run out of water "BUT GO AHEAD AND USE 23 GALLONS A DAY" I can't say I'm all that interested in their fake issues.

If the taps are turned off, residents will be required to travel to one of the 200 municipal water points across the city to collect a maximum ration of 25 litres per day."

Cape Town could become first major city in world to run out of water

Lilhigbee responded but I'll flesh that thought out. I was referring to the article where they noted that due to drought: "...officials have introduced strict measures to limit the consumption of available water, including capping usage at 87 litres per person per day." 87 liters is 23 gallons...a day.

Which tells me that if they are allowing folks 23 gallons a day, they aren't really in trouble, or they aren't really serious about dealing with the issue. Perhaps both. Perhaps there is other info not provided. If they are about to run out of water "BUT GO AHEAD AND USE 23 GALLONS A DAY" I can't say I'm all that interested in their fake issues.
Please note the bolded (emphasis mine). What I referred to as 6.07 gallons a day was strictly on the basis of "if the taps are turned off, restrict to 25 litres a day". Which would indeed be a serious issue, but the article is not quite clear because
1) introduced limits of 87 litres a day (23 something gallons yes)

But
2) April 22nd as "0 day" from which if the taps are turned off, the residents will have to travel 200 miles to specific locations where the cap is 25 litres a day.

3) the April 22nd prediction was based on when the reservoir levels drops below 13.5 percent and the taps have to be turned off.
So it looks like they are both not being serious, and telling how serious it is :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top