JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Níl aon fhadhbanna agam an méid atá á rá aige a thuiscint, ach ansin, is dócha go bhfuilim níos cleachtaithe le héisteacht le daoine nach é 'Béarla Mheiriceá' a gcéad teanga. ;)

I have no problems understanding what he is saying, but then, I'm probably more used to listening to people whose first language is not 'American English'. ;)

The pendant he's wearing is rather questionable...

Not in Hungary, where he got to wear it as a youngster. Here - in his words -

capandball
23 hours ago
it is a silver razor blade. copy of an aluminum medal from my childhood. the story behind it is simple: i was 9 when i won an aluminum razor medal in a shooting gallery. before that i never won anything. usually I was the smallest and close to the weakest in my class. that was the moment i realized i can be a good shooter no matter how small or weak i am. from that point i made missile throwing weapons from everything. :)

Níl aon fhadhbanna agam an méid atá á rá aige a thuiscint, ach ansin, is dócha go bhfuilim níos cleachtaithe le héisteacht le daoine nach é 'Béarla Mheiriceá' a gcéad teanga. ;)

I have no problems understanding what he is saying, but then, I'm probably more used to listening to people whose first language is not 'American English'. ;)
Sounds like you need a good vowel movement after that...:p
Is that Gaelic...? Welsh?

Sounds like you need a good vowel movement after that...:p Is that Gaelic...? Welsh?

Irish. I'm sorry but I don't do Gaelic/Scots Gaelic.

Do you want it in Welsh?

Nid oes gennyf unrhyw broblemau wrth ddeall yr hyn y mae'n ei ddweud, ond yna, mae'n debyg fy mod yn fwy cyfarwydd â gwrando ar bobl nad yw eu hiaith gyntaf yn 'Saesneg Americanaidd'.

tac,

No, I think the story explained it well, but I would think 'some' like me, without knowing the background would look askance when seeing ye olde razor blade pendant and think, hhhmmm, possible old style cokehead advertising his preferred recreational drug.

Kinda like an LEO (detective) buddy of mine used to wear itsy bitsy handcuffs as a tie tac.

When you saw his tie tac it was an advertisement for his being an LEO.

Makes me wonder what AndyHawken and I should hang around OUR necks....to show what WE used to do in our youth...:cool:
For everyday wear...
A leather necklace a small rock that has two naturally formed holes in it....
I found this rock on a beach in Monterey Ca. ...near my first duty station , Ft. Ord.

For rendezvous and other such doings like hunting and such...
I have a brain tanned , beaded medicine bag , that I wear.
The bead work is based on a Crow design , which is on an old shooting pouch.
Andy

Last Edited:
As for the video...
Neat watching those revolvers in action....Thanks for sharing it tac...!
Of them all....I still prefer the Colt 1860 Army model....but I wouldn't kick any of the ones in video away...:D
Andy

As for the video...
Neat watching those revolvers in action....Thanks for sharing it tac...!
Of them all....I still prefer the Colt 1860 Army model....but I wouldn't kick any of the ones in video away...:D
Andy

One of our club members, Ken by name, has ALL of those revolvers!! Trouble is that he is a rara avis, and we don't see him that often, but I've shot his B-A and Starr.

Good news...for sure tac.
I have a .454 mold that I use for my Colt 1860 and Dragoon....
Well two actually....a "new" Lyman one and a original mold from the 1860's or so....

Sure is fun to make your own and shoot 'em from those old guns.
Andy

tac,

No, I think the story explained it well, but I would think 'some' like me, without knowing the background would look askance when seeing ye olde razor blade pendant and think, hhhmmm, possible old style cokehead advertising his preferred recreational drug.

Kinda like an LEO (detective) buddy of mine used to wear itsy bitsy handcuffs as a tie tac.

When you saw his tie tac it was an advertisement for his being an LEO.

o. Tie tac, eh? Like other people have mentioned, over here is not just a different country, it's a different world.

Now me, I don't know anybody who wears a tie tac, but then, I don't know anybody who wears a neck-tie, either. I very much doubt that the esteemed Dr Németh, secretary of the MLAIC and Hungarian national champion rifle and pistol shot, author of a number of books on the history and organisation of the former Austro-Hungarian empire and co-owner of the Budapest gunstore Kapszli has every had very much to do with hallicinatory powders and their ingestion.

However, your comment begs the question from me, another simple soul who obviously wasted years and years of his life in the Army to get all [and more] of the excitement needed for a meaningful life, rather than snorting white powder to get a thrill - what purpose is/was served by the razor blade?

Last Edited:
The razor blade is/was used to mince up the chunks of coke or meth into a powder fine enough for sternucation.

On the subject of pendants, I suppose it's the wrong forum to talk about this one: 1594646682815.png

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top