JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We are unable to reproduce this bug. If you have addition information, please post it in this thread.
Device
Desktop / Laptop - Apple macOS
Browser
Apple Safari
Reactions
I can't seem to upload jpg files. I get a garbage can symbol and no insert button most times I try to upload a jpg file.

Screen Shot 2022-08-06 at 12.20.26 PM.png

Nope, but it looks like the backcourt GIF posting has been eliminated. Got to get that $$$.

This problem has been present for me since just after that last forum update (was that about two weeks ago?).

When creating an ad, I can upload the photos to what I call the background staging area for the ad, but there is no "insert" icon on the photos to place them in the ad where I want them and in the order I want them to show.

I found that when I "save" the ad I've created (i.e., post it) the photos in the upload staging area ARE included in the ad that posts, even though I did not INSERT them into the ad. They are included at the bottom of the ad and in the order that I uploaded them.

From there I can go in an edit the ad and move them around in the body of the post (changing their location and order to suit my desires).

I like the old method: upload the pics to the background staging area, then click on a pic's insert icon to put it in the post where I want.

Hope you can get back to the old method, because the new method s cumbersome and not intuitive.

Thanks.

This problem has been present for me since just after that last forum update (was that about two weeks ago?).

When creating an ad, I can upload the photos to what I call the background staging area for the ad, but there is no "insert" icon on the photos to place them in the ad where I want them and in the order I want them to show.

I found that when I "save" the ad I've created (i.e., post it) the photos in the upload staging area ARE included in the ad that posts, even though I did not INSERT them into the ad. They are included at the bottom of the ad and in the order that I uploaded them.

From there I can go in an edit the ad and move them around in the body of the post (changing their location and order to suit my desires).

I like the old method: upload the pics to the background staging area, then click on a pic's insert icon to put it in the post where I want.

Hope you can get back to the old method, because the new method s cumbersome and not intuitive.

Thanks.
This change was made to help our less technical members avoid messing up the formatting of their posts when uploading photos. With the current setup, as long as you upload the photos to the post, they'll be displayed below it while preserving the formatting of the post itself.

I did include a (poorly documented) option for our more technical members to allow them to insert photos as they did before. After uploading your photos, click or tap this icon and the insert button will appear :s0155:

Show Icon

1659888408995.png

Insert Button

1659888436069.png

This change was made to help our less technical members avoid messing up the formatting of their posts when uploading photos. With the current setup, as long as you upload the photos to the post, they'll be displayed below it while preserving the formatting of the post itself.

I did include a (poorly documented) option for our more technical members to allow them to insert photos as they did before. After uploading your photos, click or tap this icon and the insert button will appear :s0155:

Show Icon

View attachment 1253926

Insert Button

View attachment 1253927
Hey Joe,

That makes total sense, and I also suspected as much.

Sorry I didn't catch your explanation.

Given that it's intentional - of course we should keep the change.

I have found the work-around that meets my needs.

Thank you, Joe

From another Joe

OK, that's not intuitive, but if it works then I don't care. I'll let you know if the problem persists.
I agree, it's not. One of a million things on my list is coming up with a better solution :)

I'm not sure if the "show insert" icon will resolve your initial issue. In your initial post, it appears the image isn't showing?

I agree, it's not. One of a million things on my list is coming up with a better solution :)

I'm not sure if the "show insert" icon will resolve your initial issue. In your initial post, it appears the image isn't showing?
The "show insert" icon is dead for me. Nothing happens when I click on it.

I noticed that as well, and nice to know about the hidden option. I'll give that a try next time.

My "fix" has been... highlight and ctrl+c the photo I want to insert on my PC and simply ctrl+v it where I want in my post. Might not be doable on a phone(?)

Alt method for some, anyway.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads