Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Can't stop emails

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Mutt, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Mutt

Mutt Washington, Kitsap County Member

I don't mind emails from moderators and I don't mind emails telling me I have a PM. But, I keep getting emails from every topic I ever posted in. So, now when ever anyone posts anything in those threads, I get an email. I really don't want that, but can't seem to figure out how to turn it off. Little help please. A step by step would be nice. if someone wishes to explain it to me. Thanks.

2. Fumes

Fumes Wa. Active Member

I have the same problem with a lot of threads, and the ones I'd like to get an update on rarely end up that way, I've tried resetting my options a few times. I'd like to keep an eye on this thread, but it probably won't happen.:laugh:
    I wonder if it has something to do with clicking on a thread if I see it on the main page and not in the actual forum list?

3. Key-Hay

Key-Hay North Carolina Active Member

Look at the bottom of the E-mail. There will be a link to unsubscribe to that specific topic. Click on it and you will no longer get it. Newer threads I leave it alone till I get tired of responses, then I'll hit the link. Sometimes I forget on a hardly ever used thread and I'll get one from way back.

4. slimer13

slimer13 Deer Park Well-Known Member

Go to settings. Click the box on the left that says subscritions. Check the box on the right of the threads that you want to unsubcribe to. Bottom right of the page is a tool bar and one of the options is delete subscriptions.

Nwcid and (deleted member) like this.
  5. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

Also under Settings -> General Settings is the default subscription mode. Mine is set to Do Not Subscribe. If I want to subscribe to a thread I would have to explicitly subscribe to it at this point.

elsie

6. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I changed mine to just notify me on the site. It puts a little icon by threads I've subscribed/responded to. I was getting a lot if emails. I occasionally get one when someone digs up an old thread because I only modified a few months of threads.

7. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

You should also be able to unsubscribe from threads in the Show Subscriptions area.

elsie