JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good to hear it's not a knowledge thing and just a small price to pay from the previous owners issues with ATF.

Might want to print up a paper and put that near the Superior Arms lowers, that way there is no confusion.

You have other receivers in stock that can be transfered as "other", right?

ETA: What did I tell you about vacations. No such thing when you own a business, i've only had 1 real vacation in 20 years of working.

I am on vacation and my employee did nothing wrong. When I bought the shop let's just say there were some problems with the inventory and the atf was there the entire time and basically made rulings as needed... the genius that owned the shop before be logged in 32 lowers as rifles... not as receivers... there was no explanation as to why he did this, but towards the end there wasn't much explanation for a lot of things he did... When I went over this with my atf agent she said she would advise me selling them as just that; to people who planned on building rifles. I would prefer not to air all of the previous owners dirty laundry on here, so if anyone has any further questions please contact me directly. Every lower I have in the shop that is not built by superior arms you can build into whatever you want... and once those are gone... well, then its business as usual. As far as "not feeling the vibe" playboy, please let me know the problem... since I got rid of the smoke, cleaned the store, expanded my product line, and have an able bodied employee that is willing to help people.... all I have gotten is complements. If there are any issues you're having please call me or pm me... if anyone would like to know more about why the atf made this decision please contact me.

Nick

Thanks for clarifying that Nick.

If the employee would have explained this to PP in the beginning I might have helped.

Have fun on Vacation!!!

Is the glue huffing comment really called for? Seems quite childish...

Yes I should have a couple spikes lowers with the punished logo on them that and a cmmg 308 lower in stock that I ordered and logged in properly. Good idea on the sign, but I'm thinking about just building them into assembled lowers to avoid confusion.

Coctailer thanks for the support ok this... as far as the employee goes, I told him like 10min ago on the phone... oops! I am trying so hard to give him all the info he needs to know, but damn I always forget something! I never explained that to him until today... so chalk this one up as me being a bad boss.

Coctailer thanks for the support on this... as far as the employee goes, I told him like 10min ago on the phone... oops! I am trying so hard to give him all the info he needs to know, but damn I always forget something! I never explained that to him until today... so chalk this one up as me being a bad boss.

I highly doubt that you are a bad boss.:s0155:

I just wanted to keep this thread in perspective, since internet forums can tend to spread info that may not be accurate, because only half of the issue is brought up.

This is a perfect example, and I'm kinda glad this thread happened.

Thanks for clarifying that Nick.

If the employee would have explained this to PP in the beginning I might have helped.

Have fun on Vacation!!!
Actually, the guy doing the receiving at the time did explain it to me. He said he was required to receive them as either a rifle or pistol and that all gunshops were required to do the same thing. He even said "I just got this one in and had to register it as a rifle." as he held up a little white box.

PS: The lower I was looking at was a Spike's that is a pretty recent addition to the inventory.

Playboy... I already posted that I explained it to him this morning after it was brought up... you must have missed that in the thread... it is my fault for not explaining it properly. I can't teach him every little thing about my shop in a month or so, **** I can't even remember some of the stuff until it comes up. I'm not sure what else you want from me. I'm trying to do my part to keep my shop open for a very long time and doing one of the things I was asked to do by big brother might help in that process. I am sorry you had a bad experience in my shop, it is all because I failed to mention something to him. As far as I am concerned this thread is pretty much done... the problem has been solved.

Playboy... I already posted that I explained it to him this morning after it was brought up... you must have missed that in the thread... it is my fault for not explaining it properly. I can't teach him every little thing about my shop in a month or so, **** I can't even remember some of the stuff until it comes up. I'm not sure what else you want from me. I'm trying to do my part to keep my shop open for a very long time and doing one of the things I was asked to do by big brother might help in that process. I am sorry you had a bad experience in my shop, it is all because I failed to mention something to him. As far as I am concerned this thread is pretty much done... the problem has been solved.
I did somehow miss your post. I must have been distracted by the kid's names/birthdays posts.

So you are saying that the Spikes can be bought as a pistol lower. That is good to know since I have not ordered one yet.

As for not feeling the vibe, I can understand an employee not understanding the details of a policy, but to argue with a customer about the law when they are wrong is never a good idea....period. I would have had no issue with "For some reason we are not allowed to sell them as pistol lowers." That would have been fine...but to argue the law with me was not exactly good customer service. As you know, when I go into a gunshop I am there for one of three reasons. I am buying something right now, I am looking for something I plan on buying as soon as I can find one, or I am trying to decide what to buy next. I am not a casual visitor. Still, the last few times I was in there the mood was a little more "all business" than it used to be. Maybe this is because the guys working there are new or maybe I just do not seem like someone that is looking for chit chat. Either way, it just seemed a bit colder in there than usual. Only time will tell how that pans out. Employees can't be expected to be everyone's friend their first week on the job.

Still, another customer that experienced that situation may have just walked and never came back. They might not have bothered to find out why they were told something wrong. Luckily this forum exists so issues like this can be resolved...but not everyone knows of this forum.

It's "other". That's why you have to be over 21 to buy one and also purchase it in the state which you reside.

When you first started coming in my store Mike had basically been there for 20 years and I had been there for 4 years. Experience allows you to be a little more of a talker, chat it up with the customers while multitasking... be a little less all business... that comes with time and comfort. You are judging 2 people that have been there a little less than 3 months and the other is on his 4th day today. It's kinda hard to be all warm and fuzzy when you are learning the ropes.

They are also learning that we deal with a lot of misinformed "experts" weather its on here or in the shop. The best way to make your point to someone like that is to put your foot down and say "no this is how it is" especially when the law is involved. The only reason he didn't get you the proper info was because of my shortcoming in getting him the reason we had to do it that way. He just assumed I meant he had to do that on all of them because I never told him anything different.

Feel free to come on in and buy that one, I think I have 2 of them left.... heck I'll even give you ten bucks off for the confusion...

Well, you only have one left now.

I went in today and picked one up. It was a very pleasant experience today. I will post an entry in the reviews section with a bit more detail. :)

Good to hear.

Now the big question, what caliber of pistol you going to build?

I'm thinking about a 300blk pistol, really want a SBR version though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top