JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Woodswalker said:
and of course, no one points out that if anyone in the crowd had also been armed, the shooter might have been stopped after the first few shots. If many people in the crowd had been armed, that would have been most certain, and perhaps the shooter would not have even started.

Actually one of the four people that pinned the shooter down WAS armed with a 9mm, but by the time he got there the guy was already down but still resisting.

I don't know where the misuse of "clips" came from but an enclosed box that feeds ammo is a magazine. A "clip" holds the ammo by the rim so it can be loaded easily.

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Trade Rating" is low by 3
Not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

This is the part that concerns me... What "stockpiles" of ammo are they even talking about? Where has anyone said that he had thousands of rounds of ammo in a closet (Which I considered "Being Prepared") Were gonna wake up one morning and be told that anything over 100 rounds is considered "Stockpiling" and a federal crime.

Yeah that part does give me pause...heck just the .22lr count (WELL into 5 digits) would likely induce a coronary in the handwringers who would infringe on our rights in their fear.

This is the part that concerns me... What "stockpiles" of ammo are they even talking about? Where has anyone said that he had thousands of rounds of ammo in a closet (Which I considered "Being Prepared") Were gonna wake up one morning and be told that anything over 100 rounds is considered "Stockpiling" and a federal crime.
The shooter was found to have had 75 rounds total on his person when he set out that morning, so anything >=75 rounds will be considered too many. :rolleyes:

Perhaps....but have you ever been in a similar situation? I have, but in that case I was with trained personnel, and that event leads me to believe a bunch of average individuals pulling weapons and opening fire might have been a disaster. But it is all conjecture on our part, none of us was there and we do not know the layout nor the distribution of people.

Actually one of the four people that pinned the shooter down WAS armed with a 9mm, but by the time he got there the guy was already down but still resisting.

I don't know where the misuse of "clips" came from but an enclosed box that feeds ammo is a magazine. A "clip" holds the ammo by the rim so it can be loaded easily.

I didnt make that change....

As stated above, "mags" is the correct term... but the idiot reporter in the original story called them "high-capacity ammunition clips". :s0054:

Which just goes to confirming the old adage that "it's far better to let one think you a fool than to open your mouth (or notepad) and remove all doubt". :s0114: :s0114: :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top