JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I should probably go check on my gun, it might be loading itself and sneaking up on me as I write this
I caught mine just in time. Good thing I did too, it was trying to load itself with one of those evil "high capacity ammunition clips".

I havent been watching the news every minute but I dont recall hearing anything from good ol Harry Reid yet. He probably started writing a thousand page bill as soon as it happened. I'm sure the Govenor and anyone associated with the Arizona law will be to blame for sure.

"The ability to buy a weapon that fires hundreds of bullets in less than a minute," said Quigley.

Am I the only one that laughed when I read this? What's next, we can only own muzzle loaders?

Perhaps the scariest part of that article:

"
Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress."

I didnt know how close the control of firearms came to the ability to speak out in opinion.. Watch out for that middle finger towards Harry, he might think you actually phsically might want to bugglegum him in the bugglegum...and you will be arrested, along with your evil hi-cap mags :)

-DrCox

and no one should be able to buy stockpiles of ammunition used by the 22-year-old assailant.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47338.html#ixzz1AeZQGSq9

This is the part that concerns me... What "stockpiles" of ammo are they even talking about? Where has anyone said that he had thousands of rounds of ammo in a closet (Which I considered "Being Prepared") Were gonna wake up one morning and be told that anything over 100 rounds is considered "Stockpiling" and a federal crime.

"Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress."

From representative to protected political class... with the ability to lock up anyone who opposes them.

Crap like that will put more of them in danger...The commisars don't want anyone upsetting their applecart.

and of course, no one points out that if anyone in the crowd had also been armed, the shooter might have been stopped after the first few shots. If many people in the crowd had been armed, that would have been most certain, and perhaps the shooter would not have even started.

Such is the price of restricting liberty in the name of security.
Everyone gets to be a sheep, just waiting for a wolf to come and slaughter them.

"The ability to buy a weapon that fires hundreds of bullets in less than a minute," said Quigley. "He had an additional magazine capability. That's not what a hunter needs. That's not what someone needs to defend their home. That's what you use to hunt people."

The whole point, as was noted by Suzanna Hupp, is to protect we the people from the folks sitting behind the bench and sitting in the halls of Congress. Its NOT about hunting deer....its EXACTLY about having to hunt people.

Hupp is quoted as having said, "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."

testimony before congress here <broken link removed> Video of Hupp testifying before Congress

Last Edited:
From representative to protected political class... with the ability to lock up anyone who opposes them.

Crap like that will put more of them in danger...The commisars don't want anyone upsetting their applecart.

and of course, no one points out that if anyone in the crowd had also been armed, the shooter might have been stopped after the first few shots. If many people in the crowd had been armed, that would have been most certain, and perhaps the shooter would not have even started.

Such is the price of restricting liberty in the name of security.
Everyone gets to be a sheep, just waiting for a wolf to come and slaughter them.

The whole point, as was noted by Suzanna Hupp, is to protect we the people from the folks sitting behind the bench and sitting in the halls of Congress. Its NOT about hunting deer....its EXACTLY about having to hunt people.

Hupp is quoted as having said, "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."

testimony before congress here <broken link removed> Video of Hupp testifying before Congress

I don't think more people shooting in that scenario would be a good thing. It would be nearly impossible in a panic stricken crowd to get a clear shot with a safe backstop.

I don't think more people shooting in that scenario would be a good thing. It would be nearly impossible in a panic stricken crowd to get a clear shot with a safe backstop.

no, that would be difficult...however I'll submit to you that a few shots would still be fired, but maybe NOT the fusilade that occurred. Maybe been 1-2 down plus the shooter...instead of the current dead/wounded count.

It almost astonishes me how opportunistic certain members of Congress are being over this. Almost.

Congresspeople should really begin taking steps to defend themselves however, being in that high-profile a public position does indeed put you in danger. They need small security details. (With Glocks and evil high-capacity magazines for hunting BAD GUYS.) I'm willing to pay for their security, I'm sure I already do.

Take away the firearms and the Jared Loughners of the world will still try and kill you with whatever means they have, what did murder not exist before powder and ball?

<broken link removed>

I don't even know how to respond to this....

"I really believe that that is the place where we feel the most ill at ease, is going through airports,” Rep. James Clyburn (D-S.C.)

“We’ve had some incidents where TSA authorities think that congresspeople should be treated like everybody else,” he said. “Well, the fact of the matter is, we are held to a higher standard in so many other areas, and I think we need to take a hard look at exactly how the TSA interact with members of Congress.”

Are you effin serious?

Perhaps the scariest part of that article:

"
Pennsylvania Rep. Robert Brady, a Democrat from Philadelphia, told CNN that he also plans to take legislative action. He will introduce a bill that would make it a crime for anyone to use language or symbols that could be seen as threatening or violent against a federal official, including a member of Congress."

I didnt know how close the control of firearms came to the ability to speak out in opinion.. Watch out for that middle finger towards Harry, he might think you actually phsically might want to bugglegum him in the bugglegum...and you will be arrested, along with your evil hi-cap mags clips :)

-DrCox

Fixed it for you. :s0114: :s0131:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews