JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This bug has been fixed.
Reactions
Never saw this one before. All of a sudden this afternoon I am getting repeated pop-ups on IE 11, Win 8.1 "are you sure you want to leave this page?" when clicking to any different thread.

It wasn't doing this this morning on this same machine, and no settings were changed here.

Also- I can't post images. No matter the source or host, and my own web server, makes no difference, just see the one single HTML tag and that's it.

Anyone else seeing this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad that worked. I used to use Firefox for years, but switched to chrome a few years ago. Chrome is my goto for the past few years. IE is also most prone to virus attack, fyi.

Another irritant Possibly associated with this site only has just cropped up.
upload_2016-7-17_10-50-53.png
Is this associated with NWFA? It says its due to the web page. It needs to go away soon. Some times like the back button I have to hit it many time for it to go away!!!
I guess I'm just a lucky guy

Windows issues fix = Get a Mac:p
I bought a Macbook Air several months ago and it seems really cumbersome to me as a new Mac user. And for some reason the Wifi is very slow most of the time while an IBM sitting next to it has no problem at all.

I bought a Macbook Air several months ago and it seems really cumbersome to me as a new Mac user. And for some reason the Wifi is very slow most of the time while an IBM sitting next to it has no problem at all.

Different strokes for sure.

The OS takes a little time to adjust too (been there) but Microsoft has been trying to emulate Apples OS since Windows 95 came out and are still behind the curve IMO.

Not sure what the slowdown in your Mac air is but I would take it back and tell them to fix it:D.(seriously if it is under Warrenty)

I know they are the basic models for people on the go but I found a used one on CL for 1/3 of the price and the thing was customized like crazy (more Ram, highest chipsets and large SSD etc) and it is an amazing machine; it's my grown kids but I'd be more inclined to the MacBook Pro for the Editing power if I had the cash to buy a laptop right now.

If you ever have questions about the OS then shoot me a PM and I'll either send you a link or walk you thru it real fast.

If PC's are the Muscle Cars of the world, then Macs are the Italian Made Super Cars.

@308
I tried Adblock, IIRC, back at version 2.6.xx. At the time, I was more comfortable using what I was use too. Now, since your bringing up Adblock, I decided to have another look. So far, I like what I'm experiencing. I'll continue testing.

Cheers :)

I'm not sure how this applies to the can't post issue this was moved to but this is what I get out of the wash:
As I'm to understand, regarding my original beef about irritant, is that it is not a NWFA issue even though the windows prompt seems to indicate it is, albeit the issue has just arisen at the same time the new site changes were let loose it is coincidental making my only recourse is to scrap a system used and learned for some new search engine or computer with its own set of issues and problems to learn.
It don't seem right.
I'm gonna go load some more rounds, I understand that!

The "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" pop-up and inability to post photos are two separate issues. We'll focus on the pop-up in this thread. I've been trying to reproduce it but I'm not having much luck. This seems to occur only in IE11 when switching between threads, correct?

I'm not sure how this applies to the can't post issue this was moved to but this is what I get out of the wash:
As I'm to understand, regarding my original beef about irritant, is that it is not a NWFA issue even though the windows prompt seems to indicate it is, albeit the issue has just arisen at the same time the new site changes were let loose it is coincidental making my only recourse is to scrap a system used and learned for some new search engine or computer with its own set of issues and problems to learn.
It don't seem right.
I'm gonna go load some more rounds, I understand that!

Does this mean you've seen it elsewhere, or that someone is implying that it isn't an issue with NWFA? Just to be clear, if someone says 'it only happens on NWFA', that's how I approach it. I hate when people pass the buck. Regarding changing browsers, I don't consider that a fix, but I do suggest it from time to time (both as a temporary workaround and a "friends don't let friends use IE" way) :D

In spite of the folks that insist the OP somehow caused this himself, by using the wrong ISP or operating system, or frequenting the wrong sites too often... the inquiry is very legitimate

For the record...I experienced the same thing last night and this morning. Paraphrased, it asked "do ya really want to leave this page?", and when I click yes, it asks again. Again, clicking yes, it takes me where I was trying to go. This afternoon, I am no longer receiving this pop-up.

WAYNO.

thought the issue was gone, but it happened again...

I was searching New Posts...then clicked on this thread to look for further updates, and Voila!...Got the window in question. Clicked to leave the page, and then it asked me again. Took pictures this time!

P1030286_zpsw3fc1two.jpg P1030288_zps4bo9mubm.jpg

- Does this only happen when viewing a thread?
- Are you guys seeing a long horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the page when viewing threads?
- Is that something new?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads