Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Potential Issue Can't post images and getting repeated pop-ups, "are you sure..."

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Doc In UPlace, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Never saw this one before. All of a sudden this afternoon I am getting repeated pop-ups on IE 11, Win 8.1 "are you sure you want to leave this page?" when clicking to any different thread.

It wasn't doing this this morning on this same machine, and no settings were changed here.

Also- I can't post images. No matter the source or host, and my own web server, makes no difference, just see the one single HTML tag and that's it.

Anyone else seeing this?

2. 2A2Dend

2A2Dend .. Well-Known Member

You better go see the PC Doc for that infection o_O

3. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Switch to Google Chrome and add a pop up blocker from the extensions. IE is your problem.

Doc In UPlace likes this.
  4. Doc In UPlace

Doc In UPlace Tacoma-ish Well-Known Member

Did, works fine in Chrome. Weird that IE would start in like that, no new updates today.:confused:

5. TapRackNGo

TapRackNGo PNW Well-Known Member

Glad that worked. I used to use Firefox for years, but switched to chrome a few years ago. Chrome is my goto for the past few years. IE is also most prone to virus attack, fyi.

6. thorborg

thorborg portland oregon Well-Known Member 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Another irritant Possibly associated with this site only has just cropped up.
    upload_2016-7-17_10-50-53.png
    Is this associated with NWFA? It says its due to the web page. It needs to go away soon. Some times like the back button I have to hit it many time for it to go away!!!
    I guess I'm just a lucky guy

7. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Mozilla Firefox w/Adblock
    Problem solved :)

Caveman Jim and Joe13 like this.
  8. 2A2Dend

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    Joe13 likes this.
  9. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Windows issues fix = Get a Mac:p

ZigZagZeke likes this.
  10. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

I bought a Macbook Air several months ago and it seems really cumbersome to me as a new Mac user. And for some reason the Wifi is very slow most of the time while an IBM sitting next to it has no problem at all.

Joe13 likes this.
  11. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Different strokes for sure.

The OS takes a little time to adjust too (been there) but Microsoft has been trying to emulate Apples OS since Windows 95 came out and are still behind the curve IMO.

Not sure what the slowdown in your Mac air is but I would take it back and tell them to fix it:D.(seriously if it is under Warrenty)

I know they are the basic models for people on the go but I found a used one on CL for 1/3 of the price and the thing was customized like crazy (more Ram, highest chipsets and large SSD etc) and it is an amazing machine; it's my grown kids but I'd be more inclined to the MacBook Pro for the Editing power if I had the cash to buy a laptop right now.

If you ever have questions about the OS then shoot me a PM and I'll either send you a link or walk you thru it real fast.

If PC's are the Muscle Cars of the world, then Macs are the Italian Made Super Cars.

ZigZagZeke likes this.
  12. 2A2Dend

@308
    I tried Adblock, IIRC, back at version 2.6.xx. At the time, I was more comfortable using what I was use too. Now, since your bringing up Adblock, I decided to have another look. So far, I like what I'm experiencing. I'll continue testing.

Cheers :)

308 and Joe13 like this.
  13. thorborg

I'm not sure how this applies to the can't post issue this was moved to but this is what I get out of the wash:
    As I'm to understand, regarding my original beef about irritant, is that it is not a NWFA issue even though the windows prompt seems to indicate it is, albeit the issue has just arisen at the same time the new site changes were let loose it is coincidental making my only recourse is to scrap a system used and learned for some new search engine or computer with its own set of issues and problems to learn.
    It don't seem right.
    I'm gonna go load some more rounds, I understand that!

14. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

The "Are you sure you want to leave this page?" pop-up and inability to post photos are two separate issues. We'll focus on the pop-up in this thread. I've been trying to reproduce it but I'm not having much luck. This seems to occur only in IE11 when switching between threads, correct?

Does this mean you've seen it elsewhere, or that someone is implying that it isn't an issue with NWFA? Just to be clear, if someone says 'it only happens on NWFA', that's how I approach it. I hate when people pass the buck. Regarding changing browsers, I don't consider that a fix, but I do suggest it from time to time (both as a temporary workaround and a "friends don't let friends use IE" way) :D

15. WAYNO

WAYNO Oregon City Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

In spite of the folks that insist the OP somehow caused this himself, by using the wrong ISP or operating system, or frequenting the wrong sites too often... the inquiry is very legitimate

For the record...I experienced the same thing last night and this morning. Paraphrased, it asked "do ya really want to leave this page?", and when I click yes, it asks again. Again, clicking yes, it takes me where I was trying to go. This afternoon, I am no longer receiving this pop-up.

WAYNO.

16. thorborg

primarily switching threads when using the back arrow. sometimes I have to click the pop up many times as it will shrink with a noise then instantly reappear

17. WAYNO

WAYNO Oregon City Gold Supporter Gold Supporter Bronze Supporter

thought the issue was gone, but it happened again...

I was searching New Posts...then clicked on this thread to look for further updates, and Voila!...Got the window in question. Clicked to leave the page, and then it asked me again. Took pictures this time!

P1030286_zpsw3fc1two.jpg

P1030288_zps4bo9mubm.jpg

18. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks for the details guys, should help me replicate it.

19. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

Sounds like it might be randomly placed advertising related.

20. Joe Link

- Does this only happen when viewing a thread?
    - Are you guys seeing a long horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the page when viewing threads?
    - Is that something new?