JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I carry my 1911 Cocked and locked so I wouldn't worry about a fast first shot. The nice crisp single action shot will be accurate too as I am not haveing to pull through an average 9 pound pull double actions have. Just my thoughts.

jj

Good point Sarge! Mine are pinned, but normal ones or those worked on by a really good 'smith will still be active and able to disengage the safety with very little pressure on the grip safety.

Think I've decided on the HK45, it is like the USP except it has finger grooves in the grip. Really felt good in my hand and I like the amibidextrious mag release on the base of the trigger guard. With the XDm I am going with the OD green and springing for the Armory kote treatment for all the metal parts (also in OD green). Should look pretty cool. The Sigs also felt very good in the hand. You sure do get an interesting mix of types of people at gun shows. I think it would be almost as fun to just walk around and listen to some of the conversations!

I'll take the silence as approval. So I am going down to put in my order today. I'll post some pics when they arrive. Really excited to see the XD. I think it is going to look really nice, of course as soon as it gets here I am going to have to send the slide back to have a laserlyte rear sight put on. Springfield only charges $60 to replace the rear sight. Local 'smiths want around a $100, because XD sights are so hard to remove.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top