JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wholesale sports had a few flavors if I recall. That was months ago though. It was after I gave up trying to find it. It was on the top shelf and not too easy to spot so you might have missed it even if it was there.

been reloading since I was 11.(I'm 54) Never heard of it before. And I don't see it in any of my 5 different reloading manuals. Must be out of my league.

Interesting that all the powder links on that page the OP linked to are dead ends. At 32.00 a lb I doubt I'll be looking into it.

Try Mick at MLC Exotic Class III. He's on this forum as a vendor---NICE guy with some neat stuff. he has Dillon
goodies and Viht powder on the shelf.

Which VV powder are you looking for?

Went to Wholesale sports and the whole shelf that previously had a wide variety was empty. Then I went to Bi-mart which also had some and goose egg there too.
For you guys that never heard of it, Vihtavuori makes some of the cleanest burning,accurate powders available. Its imported from Finland. When you see N130, N340, N320 etc. in a loading manual they're referring to Vihtavuori.

I've only seen it once in Salem (at Wholesale Sports) and I bought it, never seen it since. It's so hard to find both locally and online that I've switched to Titegroup for my pistol loads.

Never seen any Vihtavuori sold locally. I am curious what might pop up here. Finnish make good powder i'd love to use but can't get over them hazmat fees.

Hazmat fees are no big deal if you buy more than 1# at a time. I buy my primers and powder from Powder Valley. What I save on a couple boxes of primers pays the hazmat fee. Powder too is mucho cheaper. An 8# jug of Varget sells for amost $50 more locally than from Powder Valley.

My last "Powder and Primer" order from Powder Valley was a maxed out shipment, weight wise. The "Hazmat" fee amounted to less than $0.50 per pound of powder or box (1,000) primers.

We do carry VIT at Wholesale. Just give us a call first. VIT N320 1 lb is what we primarily carry. Salem is out but we can do a phone arder and ship it to you from any of our US locations. There is a HAZMAT fee to ship it. Or you can wait till they get it back in in Salem. We usually have it in stock. Salem has been out of it for some time, so I expect to see it in again soon.

Matt Selders

Hazmat fees are no big deal if you buy more than 1# at a time. I buy my primers and powder from Powder Valley. What I save on a couple boxes of primers pays the hazmat fee. Powder too is mucho cheaper. An 8# jug of Varget sells for amost $50 more locally than from Powder Valley.

My last "Powder and Primer" order from Powder Valley was a maxed out shipment, weight wise. The "Hazmat" fee amounted to less than $0.50 per pound of powder or box (1,000) primers.

Big +1 for Powder Valley. I just ordered a boatload of large pistol primers for $15.50/k versus $34.90/k at Bi-Mart or $39.90 at Wholesale. Doesn't take that many boxes of primers or pounds of powder to more than make up the HazMat and shipping. If you're not into placing a big order for yourself, get a couple of friends together and make a group order.

Wholesale can and will match Bi-marts price on pretty much anything. You are right though, we are higher on primers, for now. We are working on that. Powder Valley has killer prices. I don't know how they do it. I am trying to figure out how they do it. That much difference in pricing is not usual on any retail product.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top