JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone have the measurements of where the pins will be based off either end of the sight itself that they can give me so I can make a mark where they are.. because someone has ground and possibly polished them down to a point where I can't even identify them at all and I've punched and even ground a little with a dremel tool and can't find them for the life of me

15879528125111758977285.jpg
Just approximate, hopefully this helps... Sorry the tape measure sucks

My apologies gentlemen I was not sure where to post it and was looking for some education on where the pins are measurement wise.. assumed this was the right one but you know what they say about assuming...

View attachment 689673
Just approximate, hopefully this helps... Sorry the tape measure sucks
This mosin that I have is marked 1937 and it didn't have any pins at all it had a screw in the top on the back of the sight that had been ground down to absolutely nothing but a small unworkable line.. I'm also assuming it was soldered on as well because even after cutting into it to get a flat head in it the thing wouldn't budge... I ended up just dremeling it off with a cutting wheel and now I have to sand all the left over sliver

Last Edited:
This mosin that I have is marked 1937 and it didn't have any pins at all it had a screw in the top on the back only the sight that had been ground down to absolutely nothing but a small unworkable line.. I'm also assuming it was soldered on as well because even after cutting into it to get a flat head in it the thing wouldn't budge... I ended up just dremeling it off with a cutting wheel and now I have to sand all the left over sliver

Welcome to the forum! And please don't take what may seem like a snippy comment too seriously. Mr T. O. Ritz is actually a real nice guy. There are a bunch of us here. ;)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top